BloodCM

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

BloodCM

Post by N0t_mINe »

Has anyone tried BloodCM yet? I ran through the 1st few levels and I have to say this is fantastic. Bloodcm has already been discussed on other forums but not much gets said, I hope we can get a decent thread going.

http://www.moddb.com/games/bloodcm
da_weezle
Acolyte

Re: BloodCM

Post by da_weezle »

I was actually not aware of this project. :? (Or I may have seen it back in the days and discarded it.)

I always felt that this would be the way to go for the a non-source Blood version; just build something on the open-source engine that shares 90% of it's code and behaviour with our original game.

I tried to play through the first two episodes and it actually exceeds my expectations. There are some tweaky issues, such as the dynamite timing and alt-fire not working properly. Also the sector-over-sector stuff has some serious issues. But all in all it looks good! I even got some funky glitches and weird behaviour, as one would expect (require!) from a Blood clone.

One thing that I'm wondering about is the legal situation. It seems to be a mod that runs without requiring the original game data at all. But if we can all just keep quiet, it should be ok... :phantasm:
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

It's M210's old BloodTC renamed, I should have used the older thread but no harm done. His use of Eduke32's new True-floor-over-floor as opposed to Blood's old school portals-everywhere system got him in trouble in a few places, still it is the most advanced attemped BloodTC out there.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I just went and quickly grabbed a copy of eduke32 through the AUR to try this. I had no idea it was this far along! :shock:
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Too bad the multiplayer is still missing from eduke32. There is an old MP version, but even on a LAN it was quite unstable and laggy.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Just a minor update as I haven't been checking up on M210's BloodCM. Eduke32 is getting or has already updated to a new networking protocol. If this is ported to bloodCM, then we have a clear candidate for a true blood clone. - Heading to eduke32 to learn more...
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I'm still waiting on the next big update. It's supposed to fix a lot of bugs. I just want to se a fixed burning body.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I'm very impressed with how well Blood Crossmatching has progressed. There are some issues with it, but I like what's been done. I particularly like being able to pitchfork the zombies when they're knocked down. The Bloated Butchers are much tougher for some reason, having withstood a few napalm blasts.

If this gets finished, I hope it may warrant some imaginative Blood-veined mods. A part of me wonders what the original Blood source code could offer to modders if it were released. Another part of me wishes that a singleplayer demo for Transfusion would be completed. My silly wishfulness aside, I think BloodCM is a step in the right direction.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

New update for M210's BloodCM, flamming enemies work correctly, lots of good reviews for this one.

www.moddb.com/games/bloodcm/downloads/bloodcm-v022016
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Forgot to update about this here. Burning bodies have been fixed finally. The mod is awesome now. All 4 original chapters are done. Excellent solution for us who have lag issues with dosbox.
Manhs
Cultist

Post by Manhs »

What is the version who is the most like the original of "BLOOD+Windows95/98", BLOOD with dosbox or BLOODcm ?

I have started BLOOD with the dosbox version (from gog) and i feel like BLOODcm have faster animations or missing frames but not sure because i have never played BLOOD on a windows98... A friend told me, the windows98 version was really better....

(sorry for my english, im french....)
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Welcome Manhs.

For me, Bloodcm is a nice attept to do something intrinsically tough- replicate Blood. M210 has a ways to go, from the hall-of-mirrors artifacts on 3d floors, to playing the wrong pain sounds of the cultist, this tc certainly could use polish.
Still, I'm glad he's stayed with it and am hoping for more.

Blood on dos box is much closer, although the frame rate is absolute crap.
Manhs
Cultist

Post by Manhs »

Ah ok, thank you for the informations! :)
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

So as of version v12.2016 all of the retail Blood and Plasma Pak levels have been ported and the project now considers itself to be complete.

M210 has turned his attention instead to his new gdxBlood port. Seems he has gotten sick to death of EDuke32 bugs.