3RD_EYE WIP

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Re: 3RD_EYE WIP

Post by VGames »

No I understand what you are saying. I've already registered at quake2cafe so that I can post for some help. Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling. If u know how to contact these individuals please do so. I need all the help I can get.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

So it turns out that unlike Iwo Jima, Normandy has a pretty mean hash check. I did change out one of the models succesfully, meaning changes of some sort are possible.What the hasher is checking that catches my rez isn't known, file size would be a good guess. If it isnt file size than Normandy is unusable as a base. I'm fairly certain that this problem knocks out Holloween as a release date.

Over to you Vgames...
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

So the lithrez command line tool that comes with kpc dedit is worthless, never mind that hasher crap. I'll try to get some screenies up by the end of the week, and always use rezstuff for all your rezzing needs kiddies'!
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Posting from a phone here, please bare with me.

The reason I'm posting only now is due to finally having all the basic gameplay features working. Enemies attack and run most of their animations correctly save the tank, still not sure what to Do about that. Weapons aren't pointing correctly, I'll have to research what I did in IwoJima to figure that one out. Iwo was a far superior game btw, if the maps weren't so crappy and the source was available we have a heck of a base to work with.

Normandy is about as skeletal an ego shooter can get and still be a retail game. There are only 2 human enemy models to replace, 2 skins, and 3 weapons to tweak.
B2 alpha layered skins are hated by even other versions of lithtech apparently, as you can plainly see in the weapon shots.

That means I may have to ditch the b2 weapons that use such textures, not that I had my heart set on them mind you. While b2 textures are doggie even when they show up, Sanity Akin's artifact has resources that are well tolerated.

VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

That looks crazy. Are u editing the maps themselves or just replacing characters and their asserts?

Have u tried rotating the prop guns with modeledit to get them to face the right way?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote:That looks crazy. Are u editing the maps themselves or just replacing characters and their asserts?

Have u tried rotating the prop guns with modeledit to get them to face the right way?
*whew*

For a few hours I was afraid no one had noticed!

=[

Actually the problem stems from how the model nodes are renamed and the number of nodes on the model's hands. b2 gives me 2 nodes to work with while Norm has 3 per model. I can fudge over the problem using rifle animation, as long as the outside hand has the node named #_muzzle, the weapon always points in the right direction. Sanity cultists only have pistol animation and I can only use 2 weapons so...

I may be forced to go back to the b2N Cultist. I don't want to, but he gives me more options for weapons despite his animation poverty.

Also, rotating the model actually made things worse. The SD use to hold it upside down . Now he's got it by the muzzle. XD
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

To the first part of your question, It's mostly a resource replacement mod.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Those NL cultists are one of the main reasons I want 3dsmax 2.0 so bad. I aim to fix them what with their missing nodes and animations that I think they should have. U may just want to use them for now since they work better anyways.

I wish we could manipulate the original maps in both Blood 2 any of the other lithtech 1 games.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:For a few hours I was afraid no one had noticed!
Oh, I noticed. I just did not have anything relevant to say. :|
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote:Those NL cultists are one of the main reasons I want 3dsmax 2.0 so bad. I aim to fix them what with their missing nodes and animations that I think they should have. U may just want to use them for now since they work better anyways
My bomb tossing cultist has to have throwing animation. All cultist models use the same skin in normandy no matter what weapon they use and the b2 skin won't wrap correctly over the sanity Cultist to boot.

The only other option is to replace the souldrudge, who's fall-down-get-back-up animation is starting to look really nice.

I attempted to give the b2 cultist in I.J. a mortar but that didn't work, explosives have to be thrown to look and feel right.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

VGames wrote:Those NL cultists are one of the main reasons I want 3dsmax 2.0 so bad. I aim to fix them what with their missing nodes and animations that I think they should have. U may just want to use them for now since they work better anyways.

I wish we could manipulate the original maps in both Blood 2 any of the other lithtech 1 games.
I haven't forgotten about you VGames. I know I have a copy of that version somewhere around here. I'll keep looking.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

My attempts to contact Jonathan Wright of Oculus VR have gone no where. I think it's safe to say he doesn't want to be bothered about the kiss source or any other 3rdlaw game. I did find a very dead kpc forum with a thread about the source, might as well see where that leads.

http://www.voy.com/59317/
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

From the forum linked to above,

weasel, 2003
I just got an email from Jonathan Wright today, and he says
that ThirdLaw closed their doors back in October, but he is
willing to release the source code, but not as a standard
GPL license and after removing code that belongs to Lithtech
and working on a final build of the Lithtech executable so
the source code has something to run on.
So kpc has proprietary engine code within the game dlls? That would explain the statement above.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Seems like it. If he's gonna remove the lithtech stuff which is the engine code it runs on and get it running on its own then it'll be like a standalone source code with a built in game engine.

When was this stated?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

It was 2003 or so. That mb and its regulars had another 2 or three years of life after this post. JW may not have been able to figure out where Mike D's code ended and where his/3rdlaw's began. I remember an ancient post on the first monolith message board where someone claimed Mike's code from his Microsoft days could not be legally removed or copied, it could be added to though.I've also read that Mike himself had to rewrite the lithtech engine (lithtech2), and when he left touchdown, the lithtech3 engine was scraped and replaced by Jupiter, which was designed to utilize all of lith3's formats. It would explain why only Jupiter is open source.