Just saying...

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Just saying...

Post by Tchernobog »

So I have been playing through Blood II again on the old Dell D600 I am stuck on and I discovered two new things:
1. The Voodoo Doll is surprisingly useful on Bone Leeches, Hell Hands, and Theifs.
2. The best way to defeat the Behemoth in the Frank Cotton Memorial Bridge level is to guide him to fall into the open manhole earlier in the level and then ping him several times with the Sniper Rifle.

I also discovered a Combat Shotgun in the CabalCo offices, which surprised me since I am playing without any third-party modifications.

Just saying... :wink:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Just saying...

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, now I have seen everything - I am now in the final CabalCo office level and I ran up a flight of stairs to find a happy looking Behemoth. I had very little ammunition, so I went back down the stairs and dealt with some of the Cabal forces there instead. When I came back up I found out that a Prophet and two Fanatics had somehow managed to take down the Behemoth. One of them had a Sniper Rifle, but still... :shock:

I also got two Behemoths to take each other out in the previous level. Thank the Devourer of Souls for monster infighting. 8)
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Poor Blood2. The last thing I remember fiddling with was trying to get B2 to run with psycho circuses DEP file. Problem was I couldn't find PC's DEP file. Meeh, wouldn't have worked anyway.

@ Tcherny:
You must be playing with the nightmare levels seeing as you got the combat shotty.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Yeah, I am playing with the Nightmare Levels installed, but I was under the impression that the Combat Shotgun would still only be available in the expansion levels.

I still ended up dropping it for the Singularity Generator though. Slots were running tight and I decided I only really needed one style of shotgun. :)
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I think I'll go post on the extra crispy mods MoDDB page to see what happens.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, I just finished the regular Blood II campaign last night and I killed all the Behemoths I encountered in the game. 8)

The only other not terribly interesting thing to report is that you can pick up the Stealth power-up before triggering the cut-scene on the map where you battle the undead Chosen, making it so you appear invisible. Mildly amusing, and I can't really see how that power-up can be all that useful anyway else on that map.

Incidentally, I also think I found where the name "Die Bug Die" for the insecticide comes from:
http://blood-wiki.org/index.php/Referen ... llaneous_2

Now just the Nightmare Levels to go. :guns:
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I blame Mike Dussault for everything wrong with Blood 2.

-Just thought I'd wander in and randomly blurt that out.

*Goes back to eating Sterno*
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Playing through JoJo's Big Adventure at the moment. They really should have let you get The Orb earlier in the level, at least before the Tunnel of Love in which it proves to be extremely useful. In the end I jumped into the blood water and snuck my way through knowing that I would get The Orb later on, and then came back and made heavy use of its alt-fire to take out everyone I ran by.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I haven't played Blood 2 in a long while actually. Last playthrough I attempted was a vanilla run but I lost interest in finishing it. Last game I played was Pokemon on the gba and before that, Shadow Warrior.

The Tunnel of Love is probably the hardest bit of the Nightmare Levels because of how little health Ishmael has (max 100). Then there's the Drudge Lords and their splash damage...

He's an awesome character but he's objectively the worst because there are so many more conventional weapons than magical ones in Blood 2. What's worse is that they didn't toss him a Life Leech on that level to heal himself. :(

The Orb is actually is a very fun weapon for scouting and being stealthy. It's a very good weapon for Ophelia but I'm not sure if she gets it in Iota Eta Pi.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:What's worse is that they didn't toss him a Life Leech on that level to heal himself. :(
You know, that is a very good point. :|

And I found no Orb on Iota Eta Pi, not that I was looking for it mind. I seem to recall stalking Gremlins with it (and that is very amusing) but that was in a previous game when I might have been cheating.
Last edited by Tchernobog on Thu Sep 25, 2014 04:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, I just finished playing The Nightmare Levels. Westworld is as awesome as I remembered it. :)

Still, I got caught twice by the fact that for some reason when you quicksave during the battle with The Nightmare he gets his health fully restored upon reload. Meaning I had to replay the entire final level about three times to get back to that point.

And man does that beastie eat up the ammo. In end, after scouring the entire arena for spare ammunition packs, and sinking all of my bullets, shells, and tesla rounds into its snarling face, I still had to finish it off with my knife.

Still, the end was worth it, as I got to see Caleb standing over the corpse of the creature with his knife out during the cut-scene with two fireballs that it had managed to release just before succumbing orbiting Caleb in a quite decorative fashion. 8)
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Tchernobog wrote:Still, the end was worth it, as I got to see Caleb standing over the corpse of the creature with his knife out during the cut-scene with two fireballs that it had managed to release just before succumbing orbiting Caleb in a quite decorative fashion. 8)
I gotta see that, I wish you could've got on video! :D

What I hate about Blood 2 is how much of a bullet sponge the bosses are. Naga isn't so bad because of the Anger powerup you get but the Behemoth SUCKS. It is very easy to dodge as you basically have to stand completely still and let it slam you (SLOWLY) with it's fists to do damage. It had an ungodly amount of HP and the BFG of the game doesn't do any to it really. :?

I'm beginning to think the Sing Generator is only effective on Cabal enemies and not Otherworld invaders. It would explain it's uselessness against Behemoths/Drudge Priests as them being from a separate dimension hinders the weapons pull on. The only problem with that theory is you get it right before you jump in the Otherworld itself which only has a few Fanatics here and there. :lol:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:I gotta see that, I wish you could've got on video! :D
Well, I was playing it on a crappy Dell D600 laptop. So, yeah, that was not going to happen... :P

And I will say that, while I do agree with them being too much of a bullet sponge, there is at least a certain sense of achievement when you do finally manage to take out every single Behemoth in the game. :guns: