CRUCIFIED: Idea for a BLOOD mod/styled-game

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

CRUCIFIED: Idea for a BLOOD mod/styled-game

Post by BEAST »

From reading books like Arthur Miller's The Crucible and Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, I had an idea about of doing a B1 mod, or a game in the style of B1, set in Puritan American colony in the 1600s. The idea I have is that the main character, an ill-tempered farmer, has developed a grudge towards the Puritan overseers ever since they executed his wife for adultery and witchcraft, that he's sworn vengeance on his entire town. They all are hounding for his blood too, so the anti-hero is confronted with hordes of Puritan lynch/burning mobs. He's armed with matchlocks and gardening tools at the beginning, but when he is contacted by a group of rogue witches who are are aware of what is really going on, he is blessed with ancient Welsh/Celtic abilities to better **** with his fellow Puritans. He also acquires weapons from nearby Algonquins, who also sense that something is amiss in that region. The bosses would be demonic versions of characters from the books I've mentioned, like a ghoulish Dimmesdale with long genitals, or Paul Scofield's puritan judge from the 90s film as a phantasm ogre. The Puritan archetype of the dark man in the woods is also a boss, but he's just a manifestation of the Puritans' paranoia, and strives to help the farmer to find the real source for disturbing Puritan rage.

I was thinking that it would play like a Deus Ex/Strife RPG, with multiple interconnected hubs. The hero, with a significant Biblical name like Adam or Abel, would quote not only Miller and Hawthorne, but Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane (he wrote the Conan the Barbarian stories), Pilgrim's Progress, Biblical passages, Shakespeare, and Loony Toons references.

Because I wanted a title that rang like The Crucible, I call it Crucified, because the farmer's wife is crucified in an Ophelia-like vein. What could I do to improve my concept?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: CRUCIFIED: Idea for a BLOOD mod/styled-game

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:What could I do to improve my concept?
Actually make the game? 8)
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Tchernobog wrote:
BEAST wrote:What could I do to improve my concept?
Actually make the game? 8)

:D I feel so blessed by the Dark God's cool support.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Yeah, I'm the dark god. Seriously, I am not just some wanker who lives in the middle of nowhere bush and somehow managed to get an internet connection. Dark god. With Horns. Indeed. :P