How to Play Old and New Mods for GOG's One Unit Whole Blood?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

How to Play Old and New Mods for GOG's One Unit Whole Blood?

Post by BEAST »

Bloodites,
I want to play the best mods which the Blood community has developed, but I am unable to play them, especially the most recent mods. I have installed GOG.com's One Unit Whole Blood, so I am wondering how I can play the mods for this version of Blood? Do I need the 3DFX patch? Does it involve a special DOSbox command?
NoOne
Axe Zombie

Re: How to Play Old and New Mods for GOG's One Unit Whole Bl

Post by NoOne »

How exactly mod you want play?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

NoOne wrote:How exactly mod you want play?
You mean which mod do I want to play exactly? Well, there's Rage Against the Machine, Death Wish, Bloody Pulp Fiction, Alone in the Dark, The Carnage Continues, Bloodlines TC, the original Legends of the Iconoclast, and the remake of the first episode of LoI, Scourge of Humanity.

I know the list isn't short, but those are the mods I want to play. I never got to play any Blood mods, and I want to play them now!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Usually it is a matter of simply downloading the mod files and then extracting them into your Blood directory.

You then load up Blood with the command "blood -ini modname.ini".

That should do you for Death Wish, Rage Against the Machine and Scourge of Humanity (I have not tried to load up the original LoI though), but it is more complicated for the others as they use BARF.exe in order to replace some in-game sounds, which means you should back up your Blood directory before proceeding.

I have yet to get a mod using BARF.exe to run properly myself however, but that is only a matter of more research.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

If you want a good site, blood.freeminded.de is a nice archive.
NoOne
Axe Zombie

Post by NoOne »

BEAST wrote:
NoOne wrote:How exactly mod you want play?
You mean which mod do I want to play exactly? Well, there's Rage Against the Machine, Death Wish, Bloody Pulp Fiction, Alone in the Dark, The Carnage Continues, Bloodlines TC, the original Legends of the Iconoclast, and the remake of the first episode of LoI, Scourge of Humanity.

I know the list isn't short, but those are the mods I want to play. I never got to play any Blood mods, and I want to play them now!

You dont need any special patches for playing that mods.
RATM, DW works perfectly. Just run BAT files in DosBox and play.
BPF and NAITD (BAITD series) can run more difficulty (especially for NAITD) cause it's "Blood hi-end" addons.
Other addons runs perfectly too by BAT or EXE files.

PS: if you need more maps and mods visit this sites:
blood.freeminded.de
cruo.bloodgame.ru