Cult from RUMPOLE'S RETURN: Antagonists for Caleb to Kill?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

Cult from RUMPOLE'S RETURN: Antagonists for Caleb to Kill?

Post by BEAST »

Awhile ago, I'd been thinking about what cults, fictional or otherwise, could influence the appearance of the Cabal cultists for subsequent BLOOD sequels, or who I wish Caleb would disembowel and spill blood from. Some cults, from Lovecraft and real life, I could definitely imagine being destroyed by Caleb.

One cult, which I was introduced to from John Mortimer's RUMPOLE OF THE BAILEY (I'm sure British members of the board will know of this show), particularly freaks me out, and makes me wish Caleb was shotgunning them immediately.

This cult, first introduced in the movie length episode RUMPOLE'S RETURN, is know as "The Children of the Sun." Basically, they're a Floridanese hybrid of Scientology/Mormonism who dress up like hippy glee club members, speak in terrible American accents (which freak me out even more), like to hand out flowers to strangers, and swindle lonely souls while in the process of forcing them to write pledges of loyalty in the their own blood.

In their own blood, they write: "Sunlight to the Children of the Sun, Blood to the Children of the Dark." Writing oaths of allegiance in lifeblood is what connected this fictional cult for me with the Cabal, even though the Children of the Sun don't have the benefit of zombies, ghosts, demons, spiders, or gargoyles in their service. However, could you imagine these guys being rendered in a BLOOD modification? How about seeing them in, let's say, a BLOOD version of DUKE NUKEM: LIFE'S A BEACH?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jCBqHnp ... ure=relmfu
BEAST
Zealot

Re: Cult from RUMPOLE'S RETURN: Antagonists for Caleb to Kil

Post by BEAST »

Okay. I get it. British lawyer comedies and BLOOD don't mix.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Well, I don't know that there's anything wrong with lawyer comedies. It is an unusual source though.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, for my part, I have not really had time to check on the board all that recently.

It is an odd source though.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@BEAST

I will give ol' Rumpole a watch though, see if he can relieve my boredom. :D