Submitting LOI1 to MOD DB

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DwayneA
Zealot

Submitting LOI1 to MOD DB

Post by DwayneA »

I've got an account set up at the Mod DB and now I'm trying to submit Scourge of Humanity. Now I need some kind of icon, a preview image, a profile header image, and a large profile header image. What exactly is this stuff? Can someone help me out here?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Submitting LOI1 to MOD DB

Post by Tchernobog »

I suggest you talk to or private message I Live...AGAIN, he has some experience with ModDB.

Nice to hear it is almost ready. :)
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

How did your beta testers respond to the new maps Dwayne?
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

Cmon and No One really liked the game! Why not ask them yourself?

You and everyone else will soon get to try it yourselves!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

The stuff they are asking you to submit is for your MOD's profile page at MODdb. You cant list a MOD unless you can produce some information for your page.

Preview Image (1024x768) = The images you see on the left for each mod you see listed on the main page. Use your LOI splash screen if you have one or something that represents LOI.

Profile Header Image (950x150)= Usually a good screenshot in-game of your MOD

Larger Profile Header Image = A higher quality(resolution) of the profile header image. Something people will click on to see in full view.

Icon = (32x32) = Bacically like your profile image here on this forum. Use Tchernobog's Blood Wiki image by his name as an example.

Be prepared to write a small paragraph or 2 describing your MOD, story...etc.

Also be prepared to list system requirements, Game requirements(Blood Version needed)....etc.

It also might be a good idea to list instructions for how to get your MOD to work with GoG's version of Blood with DosBox since many people now use that to run the game.

Get a good sampling of screenshots to upload (usually 3 to 6) just to let people see whats new or different. (Example:If you customized the menus in any way or added weapons monsters...etc, post a screen of it.)

Once you get the page submitted and listed, You should post on the GoG forums about your MOD or I can do it for you. Most active Blood players are active there and the people are always looking for new MODs and levels.

If you need any help creating the page let me know and I will help you out.