DEATH WISH Release & Discussion

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

DEATH WISH Release & Discussion

Post by Bloatoid »

It has arrived at last!

Caleb will need to muster all his strength to take down the mighty Tchernobog,
who has managed to free himself from the grip of death.

Death Wish is a massive new Blood campaign that has been under development since January 2010 and has finally been released. Every level is highly polished, and you may even see a few Mapedit tricks you never thought possible! The creator is a long-time Build veteran who has pulled out all the stops to try and make this the most amazing, original user content for Blood ever released.

ModDB Page
http://www.moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood/

Original Blog with some Temporary Alternate Links
http://bloatoid.blogspot.com/

Features

[list]Over 30 levels spread out across 3 episodes, which includes secret levels and transition levels for flowing smoothly back into the main campaign.

6 new cut scenes, appearing at the beginning and end of each episode explaining the story and its developments throughout the course of the game.

New story, taking place after the events of the original Blood and its add-ons while staying within the same mythology.

The Tome message system, giving the player hints and story tidbits during play to further deepen the story and reveal hints or secrets.

All the levels have been adapted to be playable in Co-Op mode, so you and up to 7 other friends can tackle Death Wish together.

All levels include modified enemy and item placement depending on difficulty settings for added replay value. Even long-time Blood pros will find a challenge in Death Wish's brutal Extra Crispy setting.

A very detailed plain-text Walkthrough is included. It is split into 2 sections: One with the basic player path discussed and the other revealing all available secrets.

A Commentary text file is included, revealing the creator and lead QA tester's thoughts on Death Wish and its content.

A detailed README file is included, ensuring that everyone can get things working properly even on varying file system configurations.

Simple drag-and-drop installation — no confusing or malfunctioning installers.[/list]

Download Now!

ModDB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/death-wish-fo ... -for-blood

Temporary Alternate Links
http://bloatoid.blogspot.com/

Make sure you open the README file to get everything set up properly.
Have fun and share your thoughts! 8)
Last edited by Bloatoid on Tue Nov 01, 2011 09:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Re: DEATH WISH Release & Discussion

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

AWESOME! I will check this out ASAP. Can't wait.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I second that Awesome! :D

EDIT: I updated your section on the Wiki, and also gave you a shout out on our main page:
http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Lis ... Death_Wish
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

If you downloaded before 11-2-11 you will want to get the updated version.

There's some nasty bug that may prevent a key from dropping in Episode 2 Mission 3. I also added some more information about using GOG's Blood and bMouse for mouselook to the README.

The download file link has been updated on the blog and on the ModDB page.

Sorry for all the download drama. :roll:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Good thing I have been waiting on getting it for a bit, I want it to be approved on ModDB so it will be on a reliable host for downloading on the modem. :)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I played a bit of the first level tonight. I have the GoG install of OUWB in Windows 7 so the easiest way to get it working was to rename the dw.ini to BLOOD.ini

I made the changes for the cut-scenes but they weren't working. I'm guessing I cant use the whole folder names in windows 7 and have to use progra~1\blood or something like that instead of program files (x86)\blood. I didn't have time tonight so I'll mess with it tomorrow.

From what I saw of the first map, I can't wait to get into it more. Lots of surprises and very well done.
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

If you have the latest download (from 11-2-11) there is a giant section of the DW README.txt on setting up the GoG stuff for Death Wish.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

OK, got the latest version. MODdb still dates the file at 10-31 but it is indeed the newer one.

Sorry I may seem a little slow but I've had a ton of work to do this week and not much time to play. I have to say that I literally LOL-ed at the Truck Drivers in E1M2, that was great!
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

DEATH WISH UPDATE 11-4-11 WITH VERSION 1.1

Apparently when I was uploading updates to the original file to the ModDB database it was not overwriting the old version, and none of the fixes were made.

I deleted the original file and have now uploaded version 1.1, which brings together all the patches that have been made so far. They include:

• DWE1M3 Fire Pods removed
• DWE2M5 single-player keydrop fix
• DWE2M7 door trigger fix for lower difficulties
• DWE2M8 Prox Mine Edit
• Various Alignment Fixes
Also...
• Updated README with info on GoG, bMouse, and More
• GoG files to help you run Death Wish

ModDB Page with Download Link

If you don't want to wait for ModDB's authorization, head over to the blog for an alternate link:

Temporary Alt Links Found Here

Thanks everyone for putting up with the hiccups — I've never dealt with ModDB before so I'm still getting used to their system.