Legends of Iconoclast Anniversary: Considering Improvements

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DwayneA
Zealot

Legends of Iconoclast Anniversary: Considering Improvements

Post by DwayneA »

This year, several months from now, will be the tenth anniversary of when I first released part 1 of my mod Legends of Iconoclast. From what I remember, fans of Blood were eagerly awaiting it (according to Planetblood). And I didn't disappoint.

Of course, the mod wasn't made with the Plasma Pak installed, so I doubt it was compatible with the expansion installed.

I've been playing through the levels of the three parts and I found certain areas that had some problems, glitches, and other errors that made me wish I had a playtester (I had one for part 3, but not for parts 1 or 2)

So I've been thinking of re-releasing the entire mod, a new and improved version. I've been considering adding more new music (some to replace current midi tracks), improving the maps by changing textures and adding more sprites, making modifications to the story's cutscenes, and making it compatible with Plasma Pak (including the new enemies).

But I'd like to know of the Blood fan's opinion first? Those of you who have played the mod, what did you think of the game? What do you think of this idea?
Ransu
Cheetah

Re: Legends of Iconoclast Anniversary: Considering Improveme

Post by Ransu »

Well I have never played Legends of Iconoclast before, but I'd love to play the updated version if it's made. :D
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I've begun work on the new version. Here are the changes planned:

-Map quality will be improved. More special effects. And depth cueing as well!
-Corrections to errors found in maps.
-Features of the Plasma Pak will be active. New weapon modes, new enemies, and new art.
-More wall sprites will be used to decorate where necessary.
-Some textures in levels will be changed (celing, floor, wall) to increase map quality.
-Storyline will be improved. Text files of the cutscenes will be available for reading. I'm even thinking of making changes so that the mod's plot has nothing to do with the storyline of Blood. I know because some people have criticized Caleb for going from anti-hero to hero.
-More new music tracks, some of which will replace older tracks.
-Some new secrets in certain levels.
-Powerups such as guns akimbo, invisibility cloak, deathmask, beast vision, and reflective shots which were very rare will be more common.
-Some of the shorter levels will be expanded. I'm even thinking of adding a couple more!
-Some levels and episodes will be renamed.

Look forward to it. I'll let everyone know when it's ready!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

This is great news! Legends of Iconoclast was one of the first mods I ever played for Blood.

Please keep us updated.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I've already finished the first level, "Shrapnel City". It got a huge makeover this time.

Go get it at: http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=maps
No One
Axe Zombie

Post by No One »

These are excellent news. I look forward continuation and corrections :)
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

This is a welcome surprise! I certainty did not expect you to pop your head back into our humble little community again Dwayne. The last contact we have had with you would be when I did an interview in 2008 with you as far as I am aware. Nice to see you still think about Blood even after all these years.

With this new project of yours, I might endeavour to expand the Legends of Iconoclast coverage on the Blood Wiki by splitting it off into its own article. There is certainly enough content for it to warrant one, I just need the time to work on it, which has been rather short as of late.

By the way, for those who are interested, the interview I referred to can be found here:
http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Int ... e_Anderson
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

what I meant by making changes to the storyline so that the plot has nothing to do with the events of Blood, I was thinking of changing certain character names, giving part 1 and 2 a new protagonist, and removing the references to Caleb, Ishmael, Gabriel, and Ophelia. In a way, it will have nothing to do with the plot of Blood or anything to do with the Blood universe or canon.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

So far, I've completed the first eight levels. If anyone wants to kow what changes, improvements, and additions, I've made so far, all you have to do is ask.