Help with sounds and cutscenes

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Magnifishit
Rat

Help with sounds and cutscenes

Post by Magnifishit »

I apologize if if I shouldn't be making a new topic or anything, but I'm ripping out my hair trying to find a solution to a problem I've been having. First of all, I know it won't run perfect for anyone through Dosbox but I cannot stand to hear the music play perfectly but the sound of zombies and guns sounding extremely choppy. I'd rather just get rid of the music and have the normal sound effects back. If anyone can aid me in this, I'd really appreciate it. One more thing, I can't seem to get through a single cutscene, it proves too much for my computer or something so I'd like to know how I can just get rid of the cutscenes altogether.. I'm running a Windows XP. Thank-you.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Help with sounds and cutscenes

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, assuming you are not playing them from the disk and have them installed, if you want to get rid of the cutscenes there probably is a quick and dirty way; I would assume simply renaming the "movie" directory would do the trick, if your copy is anything like my One Unit: Whole Blood one of course

As for the music, can't you just turn it off from the Setup program? Not that I am sure this would help with your sound issues, though messing with the sound setup from the aforementioned application might.

I am not sure if what I am saying helps at all though, as I do not really know what I am doing. Just telling you what I would do if I wanted to bash at it myself. :evillaugh:
Magnifishit
Rat

Post by Magnifishit »

Welp, I don't exactly have a problem with the music. I just want to get my sound xf working, I can hear the death cries and gun shots and all but it skips a s*** ton! I downloaded the new "Windows 7" ready version thats been floating around so the only folders that came with the installation are Blood/Covers/DosBox & "zmbv". You wouldn't happen to know the file names of the cutscenes would you?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

s*** wrote:I downloaded the new "Windows 7" ready version thats been floating around.
Would that be a pirated version of the game? May I suggest that you instead just go to GoG and get the game, already configured for Windows with Dosbox, only for the price of $5.99 and some bandwidth? 8)

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/one_unit_whole_blood

Sorry, I do not mean to seem preachy, but that may be worth your while time and effort wise anyway. Good luck. :wink:
Magnifishit
Rat

Post by Magnifishit »

Alright, I just need a generous donation of $6 then! :P

I'm going to flip. I cant even access my paypal account grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

All right, I hope the GoG version manages to solve all your problems then. If you do run into any, I also suggest you check on this thread as well:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2025

Hope your life becomes wonderfully bloody in the near future. :)
Magnifishit
Rat

Post by Magnifishit »

It was wonderfully bloody back in the 90's and early 2000's but now we have stupid computers that cant play old ass 3d games. >: ( So I'll probably end up purchasing it today, and you are sure that its a great option that has EVERYTHING fixed up so I wont be lagging like mad while the sounds are choppy?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

s*** wrote:It was wonderfully bloody back in the 90's and early 2000's but now we have stupid computers that cant play old ass 3d games. >: ( So I'll probably end up purchasing it today, and you are sure that its a great option that has EVERYTHING fixed up so I wont be lagging like mad while the sounds are choppy?
No, I am not sure it will fix everything. I have never used it, I have never actually purchased anything from GoG, and I have never even used Dosbox on Windows. That being said. GoG offers the closest you will get to "professional support" for older titles when trying to run them on modern Windows systems, so it is probably the best you are going to get. Plus, if you do run into problems, I have already posted a link to another thread which can offer some suggestions.

And you can blame the fact that Windows was not built properly in the first place for all this. The only really reason why it is not compatible is because Microsoft has had to spend the last fifteen years in a mad endeavour to fix all the problems they have encountered due to the fact they did not build things right in the first place.

It is frustrating, but there is not much more we can do about it. I hope this will solve your problem,
Magnifishit
Rat

Post by Magnifishit »

Well I bought it but now all I get is a black screen when I start it up and Caleb saying "I live again".. :(