Revelations: Blood 2 Mission Pack ----What Happened?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

Revelations: Blood 2 Mission Pack ----What Happened?

Post by BEAST »

I am going to ask a question that may tax the memory of all people who were active visitors of Planet Blood, or whose knowledge of Blood's gaming, development, and modding history is vaster than mine,

Back in the late 1990s, I recall that a group name Tequila Software was working on what they called a "Mission Pack" for Blood 2, and that it was supposed to push Blood 2's gameplay to a level that would rival the gameplay of other games such as Half-Life's.

The plot concerned a splintered sub-group of the Cabal, called Cain I think. After Caleb defeated Gideon and took control over the Cabal, the cult kidnapped him and threw him somewhere while they seized control.

There are remaints of interviews with the company that was working on it, and for a while there was a link to the game site on Planet Blood.

Does anyone remember what happened to this ambitiously planned expansion pack, or is it pretty much forgotten?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I can't say I'm familiar with it.
I Live... Again might know, Kurt (of B2R) might as well.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I did 55 a little research on it back a few years ago. The mission pack was nearly complete, Monolith requested that it be stripped down, afterward it was abandoned.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, that's just depressing.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Yes, it was nearly finished then abandoned.

Did some fishing and found this on a forum:
The Truth behind Tequila Software, Three UK teenagers aged between14 and15 get together (Peter Hopkins, Tom Francis and David Wilson) Decide to start creating a freeware 'Mission Pack' for quake 2. It goes public, people from around the world start to get involved. News sites pick up on it; begin to call it "official" as it carries the title "mission Pack" which has been trademarked by Id Software for their products Unknown to us at the time, we are informed by Id to loose the “mission pack” title. It was renamed to expansion pack. A publisher gets interested in product. Tequila goes through various meetings, we end up with a choice; pay various companies who hold the rights to the game for licence agreements or let it be ‘unseen’. I don’t really have to tell you the latter was the final decision.

Tequila Software was informed by the publishers to create an “expansion pack” for a game they hold rights to and publish. The concept for Blood 2: Revelations is born. Tequila works on Revelations for 6-8 months before publish decides it’s a no go due to limited sales of Blood 2. Tequila continues work on Revelations with the hope to get it complete for two reasons, a free release over the Internet and the second reason to end up with a good portfolio. Tequila Software official disbands. Peter Hopkins continued working on Level Design with the Lithtech Engine for another year, completed his A Levels in Computer Science, Business and Law and Design and Realisation now works full time at Headfirst Productions as a Level Designer and Background Artist currently working on The Call Of Cthulhu. David Wilson has just finished studying Computer science for a BSc at University and Tom Francis is currently studying Philosophy at Southampton University.
Link Here: http://tenfourmaps.telefragged.com/phpb ... p?t=498079
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I started a Revelations article on the Blood WIki a little while back but never in the end found the time to complete it.

http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/Bl ... evelations

Still, with the new information gleaned from this thread I might just be able to finish it.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

There are a couple of screenshots from a polish site I believe here:
Maybe there is more info to be had from that site if you can translate it:
http://www.bloodgame.pl/2010/02/co-sie- ... tions.html

I see they also give a link to my MOD on the site, Sweet! :lol:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Revelations: Blood 2 Mission Pack ----What Happened?

Post by Tchernobog »

That is the Polish Blood Centre, it is a pretty sweet website if you put it through Google Translate. :)

http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/Po ... ood_Centre
snejk
Axe Zombie

Post by snejk »

sometimes it's proud to be a Polish :P
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

if that's a link, I cannot access it. It might be due to my lack of access to a real computer though.