DEATH WISH • New Bloatoid Add-On

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: DEATH WISH • New Bloatoid Add-On

Post by Tchernobog »

Bloatoid wrote:I would edit a little trailer on YouTube for it but I think my time is best spent just working on the levels :)
Yeah, you do not want to become one of those projects which is all show and no work. :wink:
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

I'm closing in on the completion of E3M5, but that's not the only thing I've been working on all this time. I've gone through all the previous levels a bit to touch up any errors and make small adjustments.

The biggest feature I added were tomes that bring up messages when you collect them.
There are several in each level, and they have special messages that reveal secrets, story elements, and sometimes nothing more than offhand cultist comments. They're not always right in your path, but if Caleb gets curious and starts searching every corner he should be able to find them all.

They aren't essential to actually conquering any of the locations but I thought it would be a nice feature for those who take the time to wander around each map looking for goodies. :wink:
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I don't suppose you could be talked into making a eduke32 compatible version of this add on?
For now, it's true, we can't be sure of c2g's or bloodtc's completion- but it would be nice to have user maps that were playable if and when the time comes.
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

I don't suppose you could be talked into making a eduke32 compatible version of this add on?
What has to be done to make it compatible?
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

quite a bit of work obviously, starting with map the formats.
It all depends on how dime and crew feel about an early release of c2g. Otherwise u could use m210's bloodtc.
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

Blog updated with the latest offering of bloody goodness. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Bloatoid wrote:Blog updated with the latest offering of bloody goodness. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)
Blood II wrote:You are definitely from the wrong side of these tracks, and as usual, the light at the end of the tunnel just might be a train.
:P

Great work, I am looking forward to it.

Are you going to package it like Bloody Pulp Fiction does with a Dosbox wrapper or just leave it as a plain Blood mod? The Dosbox wrapper would be convenient for Windows users, but it makes it difficult for those of us on a Linux box, as it is wrapped with the Windows version of Dosbox.

Maybe you could do both, if that is all right... if you need help setting up the wrapper I am sure Wangho or RedFanatic could give you a few pointers.
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

I was planning on having a zip file that simply holds a folder with all the files, and the user just drops them all in his/her Blood directory. I want it to be as simple as possible (especially since I'm not trying to add textures, replace sounds, etc).
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Bloatoid wrote:I was planning on having a zip file that simply holds a folder with all the files, and the user just drops them all in his/her Blood directory. I want it to be as simple as possible (especially since I'm not trying to add textures, replace sounds, etc).
Well, that sounds fine by me. Just thought I should float the suggestion. 8)
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

Blog updated once again with the latest level and screenshots.

Only 3 levels to go before I'm all done! :P Hopefully everyone isn't tired of waiting!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Don't worry Bloatoid, I am sure everyone is just happy that such undertakings are still being done for Blood. I has been almost fourteen years since the games release you know. :)
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

Blog updated with the latest level!

Secret levels all finished! Woo! :o This one was really fun to make.

Now the quickie transition level, the final "full" level, and the final boss level are all that remain.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Thank you for the update again Bloatoid, I was wondering what was going on.

With Death Wish and the Legends of the Iconoclast revival, it should be an interesting year for Blood modding. :)
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

Yeah, I get really busy this time of year. I'll probably hit the ground running on May 23rd and hopefully finish up soon after that. I have to be really careful that I'm not rushing anything now that I'm closing in on the finish line. I'm really pleased with the way the secret levels turned out — I didn't want them to seem like an afterthought.
Bloatoid
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloatoid »

I'm partway through the second-to-last level, but decided to take a break this week to do some writing instead: The add-on will come with a fully developed walkthrough (.txt file).

The walkthough has been separated into 2 parts. The first part is a basic walkthrough that doesn't reveal any secrets or the secret level entrances, and a second that reveals all. It has taken a while since there are so many missions.

People will have something to refer to if they get stuck, and it also gives me a chance to go back through all the levels piece-by-piece doing little touchups along the way.