Blood with YANG

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

xrt
Rat

Blood with YANG

Post by xrt »

Hi.
I've configured YANG to work, games like Duke3D works just fine.
However when I launch a Blood multiplayer game it only launches dosbox and I need to enter all the commands (like mount c c:\) and then it starts in singleplayer. What can I do?
xrt
Rat

Post by xrt »

Bump
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Set it to point to Setup.exe rather than Blood.exe and follow the setup.exe instructions here: viewtopic.php?t=1149&start=2
xrt
Rat

Post by xrt »

f*** IT.
"Unknown/unsupported executable" when I load setup.exe

So I check out the FAQ section, WOW THUMPS UP FOR BEING DETAILED!
WAY TO HELP A COMPLETE NEWBIE OUT, just give me some random s*** CRC32:1f9bf51c
MD5: f981cc8b30c6e4ec6b8f5befa4bfb279
SHA1:d3a620d6c777c547d359abb57b58f48d93ba8a7a

What the f*** am I supposed to do with these numbers?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, the CRC32, MD5 and SHA numbers are checksum verification numbers which you can use to verify if you have the correct copy of whatever file the checksum correspond to. It works like this: if you run a file (say Blood.exe) through a sum-checker it will spit back certain value (the MD5 or SHA numbers), if the values match you should have the right file.

YANG might employ the sum-check as a way to verify that both parties are running the same version of Blood. Blood 1.11 and Blood 1.21 are not compatible for instance. It would also detect the discrepancy if one party is launching with Blood.exe and the other is launching with Setup.exe. Try it again with both parties pointing YANG to Setup.exe

Personally, I've never used YANG for a Bloodbath so I don't know if it works better than just connecting through DOSBox's native IPX over UDP tunnel.