Blood 2 Geforce problem?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

death_tank
Rat

Post by death_tank »

DustyStyx wrote:This seems to be the most inclusive fix for any of the GeForce cards.

PlanetBlood Forums: TechHelp
By Ali Ejaz

-------------
Alright Blood fans this is how to run Blood 2 with no problems at all on xp or other windows

Go into the your Blood 2 folder and click on the file called autoexec.cfg it will be a notepad file go into it and type anywhere on the left handside "MaxFps" "30"

Now if you don't wana type it in everytime you play blood 2 also do the same to the defaults file in the folder

now click on blood 2 and you know that box comes up with different options click on Advanced and tick these options
Disable directX 6 commands
Enable optimized Surfaces
Enable poly gap fixing (slower)
Enable triple buffering
and tick Always specify these command-line parameters just to be on the safe side but don't type anything in the command-Line box

Now turn on blood 2 and bring up the console by pressing ' after about a maximum of 5 seconds or more the screen should flash turn the console off and the menu doesn't flicker and blood 2 will be absoutely fine you have to do this everytime when you launch blood 2 you don't have to do it when you go on the next level i mean turning on the console but it's only for 2 seconds
How do you bring up the console by pressing ' ? Is that the right key you use at the main menu?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Below the Escape key (top left) there is a key with a the symbols "~/`" (tilda/grave accent). This is the key that you should press to access Blood 2's console. You can press this key at any time you have session of Blood2 running and get the console, regardless if you are at the main menu or if you are in game.

Once the console comes down, you should be able to type in what you need at that point. It may be, if you are having very bad rendering issues, it might not even show up. If that's the case you could try to type in "maxfps 30" blind and see what happens.

Post by guest »

Hey, i'm currently having this problem, tried the autoexec.cfg fix setting the fps at 30 and it sort of worked (i can't acess the menu while playing. it dissapears) but now it stopped working. i've tried setting the fps at different rates but it still won't work. can anyone help? this is driving me crazy