QStudios's Vision of Blood

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Re: QStudios's Vision of Blood

Post by Gila »

wow, peter freese on transfusion blood board. cool!

regardless of what might have been or not, check out some blood alpha maps, nice bulk of them resurfaced in...

plasma pak! in fact, some of them use the default "gray bricks" texture way too much, actually. and as you can actually, the design style of most "post mortem" episode maps is kind of different to the original four episodes.

maps resurfaced along with the stuff like green cultists, chrysalis pods and their tentacles, and i think the beasts as well. at least alpha had definitely the chrysalis pods in the art files.

there's a lot of neat stuff you can find here and there, like the art for spiders crawling down from the ceilings, spiders getting "in the face" of the player (like the choking hands), beast mode animation, the abandoned 3 types of flares, various items that were left over from alpha like, skull grail, cloak of shadows, mushrooms, that are not really doing anything except being "special". maybe there were once some kind of power-ups. you can see medicine pouches a lot in the alpha maps, not so much in the retail game (once or twice, probably an oversight to remove it). the list goes on and on.

it's an interesting subject, which makes me remember all the work-in-progress and preview screenshots from blood II, where it had different hud, and had actually a spell book where you could use various spells in addition to the weapons. that idea got scrapped, although it was implemented successfully in requiem: avenging angel. not to mention all the other neat stuff blood II was supposed to have but didn't... except for the bugs.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Way cool. You guys (Q Studios) turned out some great stuff. I'm still a fan.