"New Alone In The Dark" Addon Released

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderators: Slink, General Discussion Moderators

No One
Axe Zombie

Postby No One » Tue Jun 15, 2010 01:13 am

DustyStyx wrote:I love how BLaunch.exe was made for DOS by the way! Any chance you could write up a full DOS installer as well? This would make it possible for anyone running DOSBox to install it properly (think Mac and Linux users)

I liked your idea for creation full DOS installer. I really should take care of it, but I was afraid that will be possible installation to last too long or to finish with errors, after all DosBox is adjusted at all on a miscellaneous. But it seems that it works perfectly and right now I have created full DOS installer.

When the player for the first time begins game through blaunch.exe - there is an installation of all necessary components and then time files deleted.
Now it is possible to download this variant in ZIP archive.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Tue Jun 15, 2010 06:31 am

Damn man, I didn't had the time to install and check it yesterday... I'll try it again today (kind a busy at the moment). With this no installer version you uploaded later yesterday... do I have to copy these files into my blood folder and then just run blaunch.exe ? Or was blaunch.exe the file to install BAIT.

I would therefore install a fresh version of OUWB and then install or just copy the files (non installer version) of BAITD into this folder.
No One
Axe Zombie

Postby No One » Tue Jun 15, 2010 07:15 am

Simply extract from ZIP archive all files in a folder with Blood and then start blaunch.exe. It is all and more than anything it is not necessary to do. You can begin new game and use the weapon.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Tue Jun 15, 2010 07:37 am

Perfectly ! I hope I can test it today ;D ! Damn busyness at the moment... I wanna spill some fresh blood :twisted:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Postby DustyStyx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 03:36 pm

hehe, I think I opened the wrong door in the second map...

You have a very nice display of new voxels!

The second map has a lot to explore. I'm probably missing a lot of the first map as well. But, it's time for work.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Wed Jun 16, 2010 05:44 am

Damn Man, I got it running without problems... but then first map is lagging bad. it starts off normally, but after about 5-10 Seconds its lagging bad. Not all the time... it lags then you can move without lagging, then it lags again. Seems to be a sound issue because the sound is lagging / stucking and then the screen does the same.

I cheated through the map, only played the first seconds.... the indoor maps seem to be okay except the last one. Its lagging too.

damn f*** man, this can't be... well before I get panic I can try some things. Back at home I'll try it on my netbook. If that doesn't work, I'll try the installer version. My blood folder where I copied it in is with RATM and Bazai Addon in it. So I can try a fresh installatiopn of OUWB and try both (installer and zip file) on it.

If that also doesn't work I have to look what I can do... I had these problems with wanton destruction too, but I got it working. Sadly it doesn't work anymore, dunno why. But as I said I'll try some other things first and then I have to see, what I can do...

ALso Banzais Addon. I tried it through McTecmans (GOG) already installed banzai files... lagging bad... I tried an already installed version on my PC (in an older blood folder) also lagging... then I did a fresh installation of banzai and it works fine. Perhaps it works with BAITD too, due to the zip file version was already installed ?! Or did I get this wrong ?

BAITD's setup is already pre configured... perhaps there is a problem because this setup (which normally would be setup.exe in regular blood) wasn't setup through VDM/VLP shortcut ?

would be a drama if I can't play this great stuff without laggin. Especially the first map is just that what I love the most in Blood ! Campy athmosphere, woods and swamp....

f*** man, I hope I get it working right.... ! it looks awesome and the music.... DAMN GREAT ! But, in the first map it didn't play music at all.... in the other maps the music is working.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Postby DustyStyx » Wed Jun 16, 2010 03:06 pm

Are you playing in windowed mode or full screen?

I've had DOSBox start lagging after I've alt-tabed between tasks. Restarting things fixes it for me, but I get the sense that it's something that starts right off for you.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Wed Jun 16, 2010 05:03 pm

Well trhis is weird man... I did the following...

copied my blodd folder which runs with VDM perfectly... put it to another place... copied the zip-archive version of BAITD into it and ran it with the vlp shortcut modified for the blaunch.exe

lagging....

I tried the installer-version... lagging

I made a frehs installation of Blood... put the files into the folder....

lagging....

I also put it into the c:\games\blood folder (seems to be important for vlp-shortcuts)...

lagging

I copied my c:\games\blood folder onto my netbook, copied bait files (non installer) into it............

RUNS PERFECTLY without lagging ?!??! cann anybody explain this to me ? it has the same vdm-setup as my PC.....

so in the moment it seems I only can play it on my netbook (as I said... the 2., 3. and fourth map seem to run without lagging on my pc too, but the first and last dont...)....

well okay... if it doesn't work this way on my pc its no world goes down... I can play it without lagging... smaller screen but I can play it...

I dunno what to do know to get it running on my pc... dosbox is no option....
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Postby DustyStyx » Wed Jun 16, 2010 05:37 pm

I was going to say something about a cluttered windows instalation, but that's probably not what you want to hear, nor would it be particularly helpful.

Blood can be picky some times.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Thu Jun 17, 2010 07:29 am

I have two PC... I wanted to try it on the other one... I tried the The "blood improvied on XP" way but it doesn't work.. it just closes the screen.

I'll try it again, the vdm-setup from deathmask. But I guess there is one little thing I have to change. The vdm/vlp setup failed on my other pc (where I play Blood without problems since I got it running) too,... firstly... but there is one config file in windows , where you have to change an number into 20 or 40 ("fileheader" or something like this) and then the VDM/VLP-setup / Blood (and all other build games) works perfectly. But I don't know anymore where to find this file nor which name it has. I think I found this hint in the deathmask-forum, but I can't find it there anymore.

I have to find the name of the config file where to change the "fileheader" (I'm not sure but I think it really is named like this ... there is a line:

fileheader=xx (and you have to change the number into 20 or 40 I think - not 100% sure)).

Well, otherwise I could put a TFT-Monitor to my Netbook... so I can play it on a big screen. My netbook-mouse is really small, so I could put a normal mouse onto it too. When nothing works I'll try this method. I hope I got an USB-link for my Monitors.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Postby DustyStyx » Fri Jun 18, 2010 08:28 pm

I'm a little stuck on HOUSA
No One
Axe Zombie

Postby No One » Fri Jun 18, 2010 09:30 pm

DustyStyx wrote:I'm a little stuck on HOUSA

To survive in HOUSA it is impossible, as it is one of bad endings. Open the main door and allow to a worm to eat you. After that do not press space and will see that game comes to an end.

SPOILER:
To leave the house (i.e. to survive and open a door in a court yard) you should kill the boss in 3rd map.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Postby DustyStyx » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Alright, I'll have to replay the first few maps again as I saved over top the old game.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Sat Jun 19, 2010 01:00 pm

hey man I asked myself,... what about the map you showed in the youtube video, when you released the demo ?

I played thriugh the firts two maps, I'm in the dungeon now. I loved the first two maps. You said something about 5 ways... endings, how can this be understood ?
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Postby Bloody » Sat Jun 19, 2010 08:07 pm

damn man, its the last f*** awesome map ! Yeah, I played through it now, I think I know what you did mean with multiple endlings.... ! I think lived through them all :D !

Man, this is just outstanding ! I love these maps, and the story goes through all levels. Much to explore, lots of fun playing through it.

The Familiy Killer level ist the dopest s*** man ! just awesome level.. I love it ! Just the kind of maps I love ! the dungeon is f*** challenmging, I couldn't kill the tree boss without cheating my ass on well done. great music you put in the second and fourth level !!!!! I love those themes and the saw part is the music I loved most in Saw Part one (it came again in saw 3 I guess in one scene with amanda) !

f*** man I love all maps (map 1 is also just terrific, just my kind of map !). great design and buildung ! f*** great ! Its the best addon in my eyes with RATM and BPF ! So These three custom addons are just classy and original Blood man !

thx for this... sadly I only can play it on netbook without lagging, yet.. but thats okay, I'll play it on netbook very often iduring next time !!!!

thk all ya (along with red fanatic/wangho and the RATM guys) for those additional bloody Stuff wich stills my Blodd-lust... I love this game and because of people like you the loves keeps standing up forever !

Blood ist my alltime favorite shooter and will ever be (unless it will be remaked in original style in modern tenique - doom 3 is the only game that gave me feelings like blood gave me over all the years I play egoshooters ! of course there are so many great shooters, new ones and older onbes... but none of them can kick my ass like Blood and all its additional Episodes and Mods !!!!

damn, a bloody saturday :twisted:

Return to “General Blood”