Guns for Blood?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Guns for Blood?

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I've recently been told that some of my made-up weapons for blood were a little too unrealistic. So now I'm looking around for real-ish weapons that someone outnumbered by dead people might employ. One suggestion has been the steyrm1912 machine pistol. It's classy, well sort of. It can fire lots of rounds (9mm unfortunately) and is fairly accurate. Another suggestion was the glock c18c...which is a glock, made with plastic, i.e. not classy.

hmmm...
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Well a Kalashnikov would seem to be a brutally realistic choice, good at range and close up, very hardy and quite common.

I also think (as long as you could make sure you have the high point) any number of sniping rifles would be handy....mostly the automatic ones though.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

To what weapons designs are you referring? And when you say "realistic" do you really mean "practical"? Are are they saying the voodoo doll and LifeLeach and Tesla cannon are realistic? Are they practical? sure, they do a nice bit of damage, but are they realistic? No.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

DustyStyx wrote:To what weapons designs are you referring? And when you say "realistic" do you really mean "practical"? Are are they saying the voodoo doll and LifeLeach and Tesla cannon are realistic? Are they practical? sure, they do a nice bit of damage, but are they realistic? No.
What, you mean I can't actually use a Tesla Cannon or Voodo Doll? Oh no, my whole existence has been shattered! :o

On a more serious note, another vote for Kalashnikov.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I'm certain that my critic has nothing against magical or made up weapons. I think his point is why make up a weapon when there's a real one that does the same exact feat that the invented one does .

The fake weapon in question was a revolver like weapon that had an action driven by an electric motor (hence, not a real revolver). It would have been fully automatic with a wind up noise before firing. It's a little extravagant I know but it fit with the personality of the character and was meant to look like a device belonging to a more classical age.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

You could probably have a mod that would emulate "fanning the hammer". Such a mod would make it fully automatic. I could see the use of it as it takes a bit of skill to perform correctly & if you like of burning through ammo like a nut =]P
buildgames
Axe Zombie

Post by buildgames »

I am such a big fan of blood, and would like to make some custom weapons for it too. Maybe it's not so related to this thread, but how do i do about making the weapon sprites for blood? Any blood modders here could please let me know??

ty!