Blood

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

wangho
Acolyte

Blood

Post by wangho »

I sure do like the game Blood, boy howdy. It's a great game. What do all 300 + members here think? I want hear from all.
Ryu91
Axe Zombie

Post by Ryu91 »

Blood is like a dream come true to any horror fan (and gamers of course). It basically has all of the elements of any horror film and lets you live these experiences anyway you wish and its one of those "fun" first person shooters. What makes it truly unique to the horror genre is how much fun you can have against these blood thirsty enemies after you that want your blood but instead start to gurgle up their own once you've finished with them. This is something you would never see in any horror movie (Sure you see action in horror films but not as much action as in this game). Overall Blood is an overlooked classic that should have gotten so much more treatment like you've see with other classics.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

..and a remake !

(If they ever do one, dont put s*** new stuff in it, it was cool as it was, maybe only improving the graphics/geometry/details and adding more stephan weyte lines :P)
ZedSlayer
Axe Zombie

Post by ZedSlayer »

Truthfully I love blood and everything about it but I can barely play it because some of the horror stuff scares the hell out of me :oops: :lol:
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

SolidSnakeXL wrote:Truthfully I love blood and everything about it but I can barely play it because some of the horror stuff scares the hell out of me :oops: :lol:
being scared is good for you. Gotta get out of that comfort zone. At least you're not one of these soft pudgy kids that dont play Duke3D because you're afraid of the protozoid slimers.

Heh, I'd like to see one of you guys in the trenches at World War 1. See how well you could take that stuff.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

wangho wrote:being scared is good for you. Gotta get out of that comfort zone. At least you're not one of these soft pudgy kids that dont play Duke3D because you're afraid of the protozoid slimers.
HAHAHAHA. :)
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Blood is an example of perfection, like that lucky shot that lands exactly where you aimed or (as silly as it sounds) a work of art.

Somehow everything fell into place for Blood at the right time, I honestly can't think of something Blood doesn't have, like Fear has poor level texture and design or some of Doom3's weapons just weren't satisfying.

Plus it's the only game i can Map for and although it's a horror theme (much like EVERY modern game at the moment), it's more tounge in cheek or comic book horror than brutal or cruel horror.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

that's where it's at for me too, Red. The fun, comic-book, late-night black and white creature feature feel coupled with the staticy Build-engine graphics and surreal midi music is a great contrast to the "Ooooh so atmospheric" Doom 3 or whatever else. Those games will keep being spit out with that same dark feel and life-like graphics, but another game like Blood with it's feel and luxury of utilizing the Build engine and all it brings, is a one-time anomoly that is worth treasuring.

Doom, Duke3d, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage, Dark Forces, and Outlaws are the only real alternatives, but we all know that Blood got it just right.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Slink wrote:
wangho wrote:being scared is good for you. Gotta get out of that comfort zone. At least you're not one of these soft pudgy kids that dont play Duke3D because you're afraid of the protozoid slimers.
HAHAHAHA. :)
Seriously, I've read that on a thread at the 3DRealms forums. I can't believe it.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I thought I'd just drop in to give my detailed answer to this highly unusual question.

I like Blood.

wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

That's a very heartfelt and detailed analysis and just eschews every Bloodites ' feeling about the game. I appreciate your forthcoming and well-thought out and highly crafted response. Did you draft your response on paper before posting?
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Lol a thing like that would need at least one committee before going to print :)

Sadly i have to admit though at the time (and i was quite young) when i first played Duke3d
the slimes did scare me :(
ZedSlayer
Axe Zombie

Post by ZedSlayer »

well ya when you're young you're jumpy to things like that but as you get older you think, huh not that scary
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

kurt,if you be precise about your mod,
how much precent it got left to be completed?
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

:roll:
67.4329587% to go.

seriously, just let kurt work on it, its done when its done. and its a one-man project (unless kurt got more people who participate in this great project), and I bet things dont work out like they should sometimes.
Just let him work in peace :D