PlanetBlood

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DustyStyx
2D Artist

PlanetBlood

Post by DustyStyx »

Looks like more of PlanetBlood is getting phased out. This time it's the "Nightmare Levels" section. Think we ought to start making a backup of the entirety of PB?
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Yeah, I noticed that about a week ago. All the original Blood stuff is still there, but the like you said, Nightmare is gone... and Blood 2'll probably go soon.

Really sucks.

I would say make a backup of whatever we cna get form the site. Nothing Blood should ever be phased out.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

You can get the missing content by going to the Internet Archive http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Just do a search for www.planetblood.com and you can get just about everything that was there.....
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

yes but downloading the archived pages is a pain in the ass. it adds scripts to html files and pictures can't be saved with ie. anyway what useful info did planetblood had? only the cool design...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, it has the quote list. A number of maping tutorials. Lots of things I'm sure that have no value other than the joy they bring to some wack upon discovery... does it matter? It's Blood.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Why would they (PB) do something like that? To save on bandwidth?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I can only think it's because they want to phase it out. Nix something here and there, see if anyone writes to complain. That sort of thing. Trying to see how much it would really be missed. I can't imagine that the PB site would take up THAT much room. Most of the big download files are hosted on FilePlanet with links from PB or wherever.