Black spiders?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

sadist_329
Axe Zombie

Post by sadist_329 »

wangho wrote: I just want to be able to strafe back and forth
Nah i think wangho is inventing a new technique for strafing forward and backward .... :lol:
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Gila wrote:the black spiders were intended to be included but it's one of the things that got cut out, like huge mother pod plant, beast mode, 3 types of flare ammo, etc, etc, etc.
Oh, so very, very wrong. That should've read; 'intended to be included, but didn't feature in retail Blood.

It appears this forum, with its collection of 'Bloodites' is very quick to forget. I coined the phrase over at the pit of sin known as the lith forum; "I am the Dreaming God of Blood. Ask me any question directly and you shall receive an answer!"

This was not asked directly, but I take pity now, as so many seem to be lost and need to be shown the light which shines the way, for it is the dawning of a new day.

Posty Monster Stats Well, sh-t (oh, lol, we aren't allowed to use curse words here? Forgive me, I thought the rating of Blood was mature!), what is this? This is a website that's a community and resource center for Blood. This particular page is list of monsters and their statistics. As you can see, a black spider is listed and carries with it vario-- ah, sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Blood was a horror FPS released by Monolith back in 1997. It contained brutal action and a lot of dark humour. It was characterised by striking a balance between kinetic and magical weaponary, the lead character 'Caleb' and a community consisting of people who play Half-Life and Killing Time.

If you had sufficient patience to actually click, read and interpret the information I posted above, you'll see that either this is an elaborate lie or there is, in fact, a black spider in the game and since I am always honest to a fault, I have little reason to lie to any of you.

Black spiders appear as Shial's size, but share their AI with their lesser cousins. They are fast, do not breed and their bites exhibit the same effect as the green spiders, just with greater longevity and potency (but with the same damage if you read the link I posted above).

An interesting tidbit is that their coloration can vary. Those which are pre-placed have the green pigment seen in green spiders and those which are spawned have the brown, nearly grey colouration we see in Shial.

You have now been educated. You have been shown the way and now you will never forget. You have been empowered with information about the mightiest game ever crafted.

Play the game. Live for Blood.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Daedalus, you indicate that it "didn't feature in retail Blood", yet you have stats and comments which seems to indicate it was featured at some point. Rather than dancing around with some religious rhetoric, could you tell us if it was in the retail release or not?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

yes, it's all confusing. if you're so sure, mr. daedalus deathmask, name the map and the place where i can meet this... black spider.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, you indicate that it "didn't feature in retail Blood", yet you have stats and comments which seems to indicate it was featured at some point. Rather than dancing around with some religious rhetoric, could you tell us if it was in the retail release or not?
Ah, very good. Very good. I'm pleased to see you're all thinking already. Expanding your minds. This is most excellent!

Allow me draw a distinction to you. Black spiders are in the retail release, but not in the retail maps! Perhaps your defiance gives you a feeling of strength here? Perhaps denial of Blood and myself brings you some feeling of reality and comfort? No. I shan't tolerate it. Now, are you willing to go on my word, or must I shatter your decidely turgid beliefs with a fistful of truth and reality? It is well within my power. Will you believe me, or will you continue to resist?

Your move. (I suspect you'll next be telling me asbestos armour doesn't exist in Blood or some other such nonsense! :lol: )
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

"coded in but not included" is kinda synonimous with "cut out", no? i mean, if they didn't use them at all? who knows maybe the "beast mode" is still in the code too (the art is there for sure).

what do you say about items like silver grail, skull grail, brown chest, etc?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

coded in but not included" is kinda synonimous with "cut out", no? i mean, if they didn't use them at all? who knows maybe the "beast mode" is still in the code too (the art is there for sure).

what do you say about items like silver grail, skull grail, brown chest, etc?
Great thinking! Yes, keep it up! But again I must point to the difference here. Silver grail, skull grail, brown chest, shadow cloak the list goes on, these are functional items that weren't included. They are a part of Blood, but not the retail maps. How about tomes? Verily I say unto thee that tomes are precisely the same and they had the 'luck' of being chosen. They exert the exact same effect as the others, hence they are a part of Blood. Same goes for asbestos armour. The code, along with the art is functional, that is, part of the game. It is the same with black spiders. They function. This is about Blood, not The Way of All Flesh, Even Death May Die, Farewell to Arms, Dead Reckoning and The Postmortem.

Ready to reach an agreement, or do you wish to pursue this lovely little play on semantics?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

dude, lighten up, it's just a computer game.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Perhaps the black spider, asbestos armor, and the like are FORBIDEN possessions in Blood. Mayhap to tempt the weak and gluttonous... ya know.. kinda like using cheat codes... MPKFA and LARA CROFT are part of Blood too!!!!!!!!!:lol:

DustyStyx dies :phantasm:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Amidst all this f*ckery, let me ask: do black spiders ACTUALLY do anything different from green or brown spiders? I don't think they do. Damage perhaps?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

if the shadow cloak functions, im guessing it only functions in multiplayer and has no effect in single-player. As far as the big spider, I have one in one of my maps and it is a bit harder to take down than the smaller ones, but seems to do the same amount of damage. These bigger ones are kinda scary becausethey are fast and jump all in your face.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change. It might have been fun and games once, but continuing to belittle other people in here is not on.

Contribute positively, not with arrogance.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

I think that may be Daed's way of 'rallying the troops'
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

wangho wrote:I think that may be Daed's way of 'rallying the troops'
'Rallying'? Sounds more like 'bullying' if you ask me...

Now, I like DD, and I can respect him for the time and effort he has put into the stuff that revolves around much of this community, but to respond to anyone, let alone someone somewhat relatively new to the forum, in the way that he did is outrageous.

Sorry Wangho, but as you attempted to condone this, I felt no option but to reply and take Kazashi's side. I agree with him. Those posts upset me too.

People who join FAN SITES probably do so because they enjoy talking about a particular topic of interest that interests other FANS, not to be talked down to by people who, for some reason or another, think they have the right to do so.

:phantasm:
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Oh come on DD's just unique Kazashi, I don't think he aims to belittle he's just a little 'alterd'
being the millenia old incarnation of the one that binds dose that :wink: