blood2 for windows xp

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

joker111
Rat

blood2 for windows xp

Post by joker111 »

dose anybody here know where i can get a hake for blood2 to run it on windows xp. if someone knows please give me the link

thanks joker111
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

You don't need a hack just install it, Patch it to the max and it should work.

If yours fails tell me the error and i may be able to help.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

hell you do'nt even have to patch it. it works in xp right out of the box
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

leileilol wrote:hell you do'nt even have to patch it. it works in xp right out of the box
It doesn't work on most new systems without last update patch. If mouse moves too fast that you can't track anything on the screen as it passes by you may need to decrease mouse sensitivity in Options menu. If some interface elements disappear or constantly flashes you may need to set default fps to 30.
Here are similar threads:

viewtopic.php?t=408
viewtopic.php?t=228
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

If you have a multi-core system, you probably have to set the game process affinity to core 0.

In Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete) under Processes tab, right click process.
joker111
Rat

Post by joker111 »

Hay there RedFanatic i installed blood 2 but when i try and play it i just get a black screen but i can still hear the sound and the music. but no errors just a black screen

if you know how to fix this please help

thanks joker111 :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :phantasm: :phantasm: :phantasm: :phantasm: :phantasm: :phantasm:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

joker111 wrote: i installed blood 2 but when i try and play it i just get a black screen but i can still hear the sound and the music. but no errors just a black screen
I've heard of this problem before but I've never actually experienced it. I'd be curious as to what the cause might be though, because I'd be interested in creating a permanent fix for it if possible.
bhlaab
Axe Zombie

Post by bhlaab »

kurt wrote:
joker111 wrote: i installed blood 2 but when i try and play it i just get a black screen but i can still hear the sound and the music. but no errors just a black screen
I've heard of this problem before but I've never actually experienced it. I'd be curious as to what the cause might be though, because I'd be interested in creating a permanent fix for it if possible.
i had this problem with the 1.0 version. just need to patch it with the patch on the game's official website.

just remember that you have to install the 2.0 patch before you can install the 2.1
joker111
Rat

Post by joker111 »

I have patched it to 2.1 but i still geta black screen when i chang it from softwear render to Driet X renderer and the black screen happends when i chang the renderer from Direct X it plays fine in softwear mode but i can only play the frist level.....

so dose anybody know how to fix this problem

thanks JOker111 :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:
:phantasm: :phantasm: :phantasm: :phantasm:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Do you have the latest version of DirectX installed?
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

I would say it sounds like the vsync issue which affects Blood 2 (even fully patched to 2.1) in Win2K/XP (if not more OS's). For some reason the menu, and possible the game itself, won't visually render because of some issue with high fps levels and the engine not handling them properly. I don't know the complete technical breakdown of the issue.

If you can't access the console from in the game, add "+maxfps x" (can someone tell me if it's a +, - or nothing at all?) to the command line in the launcher. x can start at something like 30, which has fixed the problems many people had, but feel free to experiment.
bhlaab
Axe Zombie

Post by bhlaab »

Kazashi wrote:I would say it sounds like the vsync issue which affects Blood 2 (even fully patched to 2.1) in Win2K/XP (if not more OS's). For some reason the menu, and possible the game itself, won't visually render because of some issue with high fps levels and the engine not handling them properly. I don't know the complete technical breakdown of the issue.

If you can't access the console from in the game, add "+maxfps x" (can someone tell me if it's a +, - or nothing at all?) to the command line in the launcher. x can start at something like 30, which has fixed the problems many people had, but feel free to experiment.
It's 2007.
What the hell, go for 60 fps and work your way down.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

nvidia drivers suck (especially since later drivers just junk pre-dx8 support completely). ati doesn't have this issue
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Good to know. TY for the update.

Tsk tsk, scrapping old dX code... that is shameful.

Kaz, I remember reading that fix a while back... hmm. Forgot. ;)
Last edited by Slink on Wed Aug 01, 2007 02:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
joker111
Rat

Post by joker111 »

thanks Kazashi setting the fps to 30 worked now i can play it

you the man Kazashi