I need some help defeating the gargoyle boss

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

I need some help defeating the gargoyle boss

Post by guest »

Hello, everyone. I've just discovered Blood for the first time and I love it very much. Just today I've been playing it all day and progressed from the very beginning of the game to the giant stone gargoyle boss who appears after you see crucified Ophelia.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anybody had some tips they could give me for that boss fight. I am having a lot of difficulty with it. I can avoid the boss's attacks well enough but I can't seem to do enough damage to kill him. I go through virtually all my ammo and the boss is not dead! So far, my strategy has been to run backwards in circles while firing at the boss. Sometimes the boss gets "stuck" behind an obstacle and I then focus on throwing a lot of dynamite bundles in his general area until he gets unstuck.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

he is very difficult to kill in the shareware episode because his only real weakness seems to be tesla cannon; you'll be meeting alot more of these fellas in later levels in other episodes but since they have tesla ammo/cannons in them, they would die quickly.

if it's too hard to nail the boss, there is a bug in his AI - just duck and he'll just circle-fly around you; that's the way i killed it the first time i played on extra crispy difficulty, just pitchforked him to death when i ran out of ammo.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

If you have jumpboots, there are some extra items in the alcove he flies out of, including a Guns Akimbo I believe... Also, on both sides of the ramp encircling the place, there are windows you can fall out of, if you stick tight to the wall, you will land on an outcropping with some items and a teleporter back up. You might be bringing him very close to death and just falling short on ammo, so what is available there might make the difference.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Gargoyles are weak against spirit damage. The voodoo doll is an exceptional weapon against them. ;) Good luck.

If you are playing on Extra Crispy, I'd just run if I were you...

-Slink

thanks!

Post by guest »

Thanks for the tips, guys! It's time for big boy to meet his maker... :phantasm:
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

And i think being Stone and all he's tough against Explosives so only use Dynamite as a last resort.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Yes, very strong against explosives. Tesla ought to do a number on him, though... that should work.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Do you get the Tesla in Episode 1?

I thought it only appears in Episode 2 (but hidden)
and then for Real in Episode 3
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Tesla, Aerosol, Voodoo and Life Leech are all Registered weapons, so he shouldn't have them fighting Cheogh.

His best bet is actually shotgun or incinerator for sheer punch (despite the resistance he has being stone). Cheogh is just damn tough considering the weapon load you can have on episode one.

But yeah, Tesla makes short work of Hell Hounds and Stone Gargoyles, sometimes a little too effectively for fun.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Just run away from him. ;) He is the second hardest boss in the game.

Seriously though, he is immune to fire. Best bet is physical damage weapon. (shotty, tommy, pitchfork)
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

yeah, shial kinda sucks, cerberus falls quick to tesla too. tchernobog is a laugh.

two beasts on the other hand...
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Tcherny seems to be weak only because you have all you need to defeat him - proper weapons and place. If you don't agree put Tcherny or two in map editor and try to kill him with a shotgun.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Techerny's Weapons are pretty awesome, if you weren't able to kill him quick it would all be over very quickly :rip:

But i think because of the layout of his Lair Cerberus has to be the toughest, but Shial is always my Favirate
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Ghoste wrote:Tcherny seems to be weak only because you have all you need to defeat him - proper weapons and place. If you don't agree put Tcherny or two in map editor and try to kill him with a shotgun.
I imported duke3D's stadium map into blood and put tchernobog as well as others there. :) Fun, I think I will do that again now...
johnchain

Post by johnchain »

um, if you just crouch against the stone gargoyle final boss dude...he'll never hit you.

has nobody else tried this? it works 100% kind of a weird glitch cus the normal gargoyles can hit u even when crouched