Magic Moments

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Magic Moments

Post by RedFanatic »

As with most games and especially blood there are always the times when things just go
right the death animation times in with the gun the dynamite flies just right
or you surprise your self with your own split second reactions or acrobatics,
and while boring friends and family with the stories is fun I think we should share
with people who understand so I would like everyone to pick their favorite
memories of blood and type them out. To get the ball rolling heres mine :)

I was desecrating the Great Temple and had found a room with a pillar of stone which had
almost killed me when I had grabbed the key from atop it and a deadly fireball had belched out
from across the room exploding where had I not been aware I would have been .

a while later I found myself back in the room this time the wall beneath the fire breathing face
opened releasing an axe wielding zombie behind him I spied a cultist struggling to light a bundle
of dynamite as I aimed at him the zombie lurched at me swinging his blood soaked axe causing
me to miss, the cultist threw his bundle as I slid behind a thin stone pillar
my death screamed toward me like a train in a tunnel but there was no fiery explosion just
the soft thud of the dynamite hitting the low roof above me though not blessed with a good
aim the cultist had thrown with some force and the dynamite ricochet off the roof and landed
at his feet the cultist panicked and started to run just as he did I pressed my shotgun to the pasty
flesh of the zombie and gave him both barrels, his head shot off like a cork as his body made a bloody
ark backwards slamming into the cultist and just as it did the dynamite went off.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

A brave post, Red, but I am an old man Bloodwise. This may come across as arrogant, but I don't ever 'surprise' myself in Blood. I am perfectly aware of my characters' movements and abilities.

Caleb is the strength of my arm. I know it well and can move it in any way. He is the embodiment of my conscience.

I may, however, have surprised myself in mapedit, from time to time :lol:
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I've been playing Blood since the shareware release, and I havn't lost my senses in a long time. But faintly I remember the first time I loaded up the sharware... playing so calmly. The first time a zombie climbed out of the ground made me jump, and I remember accidentaly lighting the alt-fire of the dynamite and kiling myself.

But now mistakes are very few and far between. The last one I can remember was a few days ago. I was listening to my girl friend talk and a choking hand grabbed me, by the time I looked back at the screen... I was dead. I just laughed and restarted. :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

well thank's for the replys but i think you've sligtly miss understood
i don't mean misstakes i mean cool things or perfectly
timed events or good weapon choice.
for instance

on episode 1's secrete level there is a ramp after the ride
section with maybe ten or so cultists on and a Akimbo not
so far off after trying several weapons and getting killed or badly
wounded each time i setteld on the napalm launcher and
will forever remember the flame and body parts at first
then afterwards the host of burning cultists that ran round the
corner at me.

so if anyone has story's like that or my first one post away.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Well, I've had all sorts of cool creepy situations with blood, but one of the coolest ones was when I was in the city level E4L1, I think? Anyway at the window that you need to jump over, I happened to have a stick of dynamite and one of the fiery dogs happened to come right at me without me noticing. I freaked and through the dynamite over his head, but fortunately it was low fuse and right before he got close enough to flame me to death the explosion knocked him soring right over my head, out the window and into that dumpster full of water/ killing him INSTANTLY!