*New Blood-1 addon* - *OUT NOW*

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

tekedon
Axe Zombie

Post by tekedon »

can you play this addon on a dos-machine?
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

DustyStyx wrote:If you are running a map directly from command line ie "Blood -map your.map" you probably won't hear any music because the music is associated with the maps through an .ini file.

You can assign the map music by creating an ini file using the blood.ini as a template.

In the ini, using a text editor, replace the episodes titles and map names with the maps you are trying to run, and then run Blood with the custom ini file ie "Blood -ini your.ini"
have a big thx, I'll try this ;D ! Should work.

@tekedon

naaa, not tried yet, I have some stressy days until the middle of january, after that I'll look out for an older PC to try this, but I guess it won't be easy to get such an old pc, well I'll see ;D
tekedon
Axe Zombie

Post by tekedon »

Ok :) just wondering because I have 2 old pc's.. but no pc that can run blood very good on dosbox.. the first level of this addon was unplayable on my laptop.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Tekedon, I think you probably can run it through a non-DosBox setup. They have a write up about how to go about playing BPF Bloodbath, and it passes arguments through commit. I think all you have to do is pass Blood the same arguments to Blood and you should be up and running, no additional exe required. I might be wrong though. You might have to still import the rff files using barf.

C:\Games\Blood>Blood.exe -rff BPF.RFF -snd BPFSND.RFF -ini BPF.INI

Bloody, if you are concerned about the virus flags you are getting, I think you can probably follow the steps that the program takes to build BPF by reading what happens in the BPF bat files. You can extract everything by renaming RESS.BPF to RESS.rar, inside the rar archive 2009_05_19_BPF_1.1.1. and then over writing everything you can get out of that with what is in 2009_06_13_BPFUpdate1.2. It's fairly involved but it shouldn't take to long to figure out.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

'ello! i wanna download it and play it, can someone post some links to the addon (or maybe homepage) and maybe some updates were released for it?

can't be arsed to parse thru whole 24 pages in the thread :)

i found BPF_1.2.rar, is that all i need to play it?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

kinda update;

installed fresh copy of ouwb, etc etc, followed the instructions
then dosbox just closes after the 1st cutscene video

the installation process with all the updates is kinda uber-confusing :)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Try here I think:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloody-pulp-fiction/news

I believe you need to install 1.1 then apply 1.2 patch.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

yep it should be pretty easy, just install 1.1 as normal and then extract the new 1.2 files into the 1.1 dir (they are mostly updates to my maps an extra cutscene and ini fixes so just copy and replace)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

It still bugs me that people continue to have problems with the addon. Would anybody be willing to repackage the addon w/updates with a new installer? We'll upload it to the moddb page. I appreciate NoOne's help with the installer and everything, but maybe a new, fresh installer may be the way to go.

I don't know how or why the viruses are in the installer. I wonder how many people that has turned off from playing the great BPF?
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

If i knew how i'd do it, but sadly my knowledge on installers ends at running them.

Also damn i hadn't heard that the thing comes up as a virus?!? that's seriously sucky, well as far as i know the times i've installed it i've been fine but TBH i've not had time to play the thing properly myself yet, once you've spent a couple years making an addon i guess it takes time before you can play it.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

Or maybe their virus scan is misinterpreting them as viruses which is also possible. Since for example my own anti-virus software always misinterprets my "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines" exe as a virus and it disappears to the quarantine.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

BON:
Or maybe their virus scan is misinterpreting them as viruses which is also possible. Since for example my own anti-virus software always misinterprets my "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines" exe as a virus and it disappears to the quarantine.
This is the sort of thing that is usually fixed with an update. Has anyone identified the antivirus software that's having this issue? This might be fixable.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

zZaRDoZz wrote:BON:
This is the sort of thing that is usually fixed with an update. Has anyone identified the antivirus software that's having this issue? This might be fixable.
And if it isn't fixed via update, any decent security software should allow you to enter a manual exception for a file. *Cough* Kaspersky...
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

...So, if one big name commercial antivirus program gets updated, perhaps several will, as they do tend to monitor each others updates as a source for new threat definitions. Thus, in solving the problem for future downloaders or greatly reducing it, we eliminate one more hassle involved with playing a great blood addon. :)

EDIT: 1026ct

errmmm okay then. My bad. The repackaging suggested above would appear to be the best option.
holaareola
Rat

Post by holaareola »

Wow, release!

Awesome, went immediately to play it... except I'm on XP64 and it refuses to run Barf.exe within the installation script. I downloaded another barf.exe from a website, which does RUN, technically, but it still doesn't do anything.

Anyone had any luck installing on XP64? I've been following the mod in this thread for ages and am really disappointed, especially considering I've just learnt how easy coop is to set up over hamachi..