How use dgVoodoo and Blood...

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

StIwY
Cultist

How use dgVoodoo and Blood...

Post by StIwY »

Hi all,

I have read from some part, that exist a method for running Blood such as 3dFX patch and Voodoo graphic cards.....

It is true ? What program is it ?

Bye :guns:
Last edited by StIwY on Thu Mar 08, 2007 04:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

DOOMLancelot wrote:Here it is: http://blood.lith.com/software/3dfx.asp
Mmmmm no no no no

This is the patch ONLY FOR who have a 3dfx graphic card......

Glide Wrapper is an emulation of this driver both for ATI and NVIDIA cards.....:D
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

This is a Radeon wrapper: http://www.voodoofiles.com/6681/Radeon_ ... apper.html

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. :shrug:
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

DOOMLancelot wrote:
'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. :shrug:
First of all, i am italian, so sorry for my bad english :(

Ehmmmmmmm....i searching for a method for using the same graphic approximately like this on Windows Xp and WITHOUT a 3dfx card, but an ATI 9800pro. ....

Read at down of this screenshot....DgVodoo...this is a glide wrapper but i don't know to use this..... :shrug:

And watch the textures.....the bilinear filtering is ON........like Blood with a 3dfx card......
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

http://dege.freeweb.hu/

I Found the homepage of this wrapper but i don't know how use it with Blood....i don't succeed.. :shrug: :roll:
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Can anyone help him?
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Nothing never used dgVoodoo ? :o :o :o .............
Bloodite
Cultist

Post by Bloodite »

Ive tried to use dgvoodoo before but without success, I eventually just went and used glidos which unfortunately leaves a large 3d glidos text on screen until it is bought...
BlueMax1916
Rat

Post by BlueMax1916 »

I have One Unit Whole Blood successfully running with DGVoodoo 1.40 here. I will do some screenshots of my settings on the weekend to help out. Those settings may be not perfect but I found them by fiddling around a little bit.

It runs very well but occassionally it crashes to desktop. Maybe because it is Alpha state and maybe because it is not intended to run with Plasma Pak. Screen resolution seems to be limited to 800x600 and it looks blurry compared to the standard VESA mode but it looks still better and after a while you get acquainted to it.

Your mileage may vary.

What I did beforehand was to patch the 3dfx.exe with the CLI2NOP program and copy it into the OUW Blood folder.

Cheers

Blue Max
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

BlueMax1916 wrote:I have One Unit Whole Blood successfully running with DGVoodoo 1.40 here. I will do some screenshots of my settings on the weekend to help out. Those settings may be not perfect but I found them by fiddling around a little bit.

It runs very well but occassionally it crashes to desktop. Maybe because it is Alpha state and maybe because it is not intended to run with Plasma Pak. Screen resolution seems to be limited to 800x600 and it looks blurry compared to the standard VESA mode but it looks still better and after a while you get acquainted to it.

Your mileage may vary.

What I did beforehand was to patch the 3dfx.exe with the CLI2NOP program and copy it into the OUW Blood folder.

Cheers

Blue Max
Ok Thanks..... :wink:

Can you tell me the exact method for running dgVoodoo ?

BlueMax1916
Rat

Post by BlueMax1916 »

StIwY wrote: Ok Thanks..... :wink:

You place the unzipped DGVoodoo files into your blood directory. Then you start DGVoodooSetup.exe and make your changes. Those changes will be saved directly to the glide2.dll which is your 3dfx wrapper for the game and comes with the DGVoodoo file bundle. After you changed the settings you close DGVoodooSetup.exe and start the game in that order:

dosdrv (if you use VDMSound)
nolfb
3dfx.exe (with CLI2NOP patched version, I renamed it to 3dfxxp.exe to distinguish it from the original)

Best is to put it into a .BAT file. I will post my .BAT file on the weekend when I am at home.

Cheers

Blue Max
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

BlueMax1916 wrote:
StIwY wrote: Ok Thanks..... :wink:

You place the unzipped DGVoodoo files into your blood directory. Then you start DGVoodooSetup.exe and make your changes. Those changes will be saved directly to the glide2.dll which is your 3dfx wrapper for the game and comes with the DGVoodoo file bundle. After you changed the settings you close DGVoodooSetup.exe and start the game in that order:

dosdrv (if you use VDMSound)
nolfb
3dfx.exe (with CLI2NOP patched version, I renamed it to 3dfxxp.exe to distinguish it from the original)

Best is to put it into a .BAT file. I will post my .BAT file on the weekend when I am at home.

Cheers

Blue Max
Thanks again !

I'll try it and post my impressions ! :shooting:
BlueMax1916
Rat

Post by BlueMax1916 »

Here are the screens for dgVoodoo with my settings for Blood. Please notice that I have chosen Platform: DOS in the first window and not Windows because it is a DOS game.

Additionally you could use these commands for starting the game. Save them into a .BAT file for example 3dfx.bat:

Code: Select all

@echo off
DOSDRV
nolfb.com
set BUILD_BRIGHTNESS=0.9
set BUILD_GAMMA=1.0
set BUILD_800X600=1
set BUILD_RESAMPLE=1
set BUILD_NOPAL=0
set BUILD_NOFOG=1
set BUILD_CONVTEXTURES=0
set BUILD_TRICOUNT=0
set BUILD_FPS=0
set BUILD_VERSION=1
set BUILD_MRED=200
set BUILD_MGREEN=200
set BUILD_MBLUE=255
pause
3dfx.exe
It's for 800x600 screen resolution. Delete the command 'DOSDRV' if you don't use VDMSound.

Cheers

Blue Max
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Ok, the game start but i have this problem.

:shrug:

Ground textures cannot appear :shock:

I used the default setting and then i tried your setting....but the result is the same :shrug: