Update to Carnage 1.11. Download now

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Thanks for answering my ever-so-lazy question. :P

I checked it out. Harry, you're GREAT at crafting an atmosphere and something VERY different from most levels, but the way it turned out, while I found it an intersting twist to the way Blood must generally be played at first, turned out horrible. I ran around the level just trying to figure out where I was supposed to be going and avoiding hellhounds for 10 minutes. The hellhounds RIGHT at the start are a little excessive, but hey, it seems like it has potential to be a good map if reworked.

On to the new version!
nrvous
Rat

Post by nrvous »

Hi.

I'd like to have some tips to complete E3L3(YO HO HO). I think I have passed through all the rooms of the ship and have all the keys except the "moon key". When I try to use the switch in the little boat I get the message "you haven't completed your mission yet", what am I missing?
nrvous
Rat

Post by nrvous »

Anyone?
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

IIRC, you have to go to the engine room and blow it up.
nrvous
Rat

Post by nrvous »

Already tried this many times with no success. Should I blow up some specific point in that room or use some specific TNT?

Post by Guest »

I think there is some specific equipment you must shoot or blow up. Can u provide a screenshot?
nrvous
Rat

Post by nrvous »

Guest wrote:I think there is some specific equipment you must shoot or blow up. Can u provide a screenshot?
I'm working on it
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

The most surprising add-on from epoch of the BloodLines!

Necessarily download and run! Old version was too crude, but this will turn the world, I feel!
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

It's ingenious! Simply perfectly and very beautifully! Both to look it's possible and to do some shooting too... B. U. T. I'm think, there is defects.

How to get out of water in a level about a rain? (where a scull key under water) There's no steps! I think, it's very hard bug.

By the ship too all confusing (on second ship). I'm goes to engine... and what more doing? It's necessary there to put message (I think). That tired to search for the opened rooms, and when in one of them haven't button!.. As will ass :(

Need for secrets with health. :( It's not enough!

Thought to name you as the hero of mapwork, but you scoffed me with riddles :))))) Cool, cool...
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

LifeKILLED wrote:It's ingenious! Simply perfectly and very beautifully! Both to look it's possible and to do some shooting too... B. U. T. I'm think, there is defects.

How to get out of water in a level about a rain? (where a scull key under water) There's no steps! I think, it's very hard bug.

By the ship too all confusing (on second ship). I'm goes to engine... and what more doing? It's necessary there to put message (I think). That tired to search for the opened rooms, and when in one of them haven't button!.. As will ass :(

Need for secrets with health. :( It's not enough!

Thought to name you as the hero of mapwork, but you scoffed me with riddles :))))) Cool, cool...
for the Rain level, you have to jump on the corner of the wall by the floating bus in the water
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

It was impossible for me. I very long tried :((((

Question about Carnage installation

Post by Guest »

Hi-

I just stumbled across Carnage and would like to try it, my question is, how do you install it properly?

I have Blood Plasma Pak 1.11, can I play Carnage with this version?

This sounds like a stupid question, but I tried unzipping Carnage into One Whole Unit Blood and it crashed the game and rendered it inoperative.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

You need OUWB, unzip the archive in ouwb folder, run carnage.com after some file operations the BLOOD.EXE should be executed. I think it won't work with any different version you may try it through.

Post by Guest »

OK thank you, to run this do I need to use VDM and the CLIno2 or the other programs mentioned on the Blood XP page and apply them to Carnage?

These other programs are already working with OUWB, I am using the cryptic and blood shortcuts provided on the Blood XP page to run Blood right now. Is there anything special I need to do, like run Carnage.exe with VDM sound?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really want to try this game.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Best option for you is to install windows 98 (if your pc isn't too new and you have SOUND drivers, other drivers are not necessary for DOS-based games)
The game should run perfectly without any issues. Or download DOSBox, it emulates all hardware not just sound and not so buggy as VDMSound but requires faster CPU.
See this:
viewtopic.php?t=1074