New Blood Map - The Nuthouse

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yeah it's the Blood map golden age :D :evillaugh: :D

perhaps with me, you and anyone else who's up for it we could make
a huge collaberation Addon including all my Deadland idea's and some
of my other random levels and your new ones? could be quite cool

Glad your enjoying Purge too :)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

RedFanatic wrote:Yeah it's the Blood map golden age :D :evillaugh: :D

perhaps with me, you and anyone else who's up for it we could make
a huge collaberation Addon including all my Deadland idea's and some
of my other random levels and your new ones? could be quite cool

Glad your enjoying Purge too :)
Sounds cool, Id make a map for it. However, Ive kinda formulated a game-plan and have ideas for my add-on and specific plans for it. If you give me an outline of what you are looking for though, I'll make a map for it.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Cool i'll stop post hijacking and make another one dedicated to Blood map
collaberation when i've got time with some idea's for one and to see who else is up for it :)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Phosphoric Acid wrote:
What i liked especially in this map is the theatre, i liked the layout and how the grey faced man in the royal seating was laughing, i found that quite unique, and the sound echoed brilliantly.
Looking back, that's maybe 1 of 4 things im most proud of, the sight of the old man in the balcony, and the way the laughter and the midi music sound together. The other 2 is the hallway with the gargoyle statue, the rising clown face right before the big room with the devil, and the way the wind droned through the hallway of the dark half of the house.

Im not quite so proud of the upper hallway past the 'generator' room, the inventory room, and some of the texturing in certain areas that could use some tightening up
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

wangho, here's a suggestion - Instead of making the textures on the walls themselves extra dark, try combining medium lightness/darkness with extra dark fog/depth cueing.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

actually I was happier with the extreme gray and I think it works better than when I tried depth-cueing it. Ill take another depth-cued crack at it though. Im mainly speaking about the details, although it did get too black in the very upper part. Im gonna fix it, im juggling 3 new maps at the same time at the moment, I get spur of the moment inspiration gotta do something with that
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

Yes, make it!!! If you've frightened me without adding textures and art, you can all! ;)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

I went in and changed all those red outside walls to white walls thinking it would free up alot more sectors, but I was still left with the same amount of sectors to work with. I may just make a whole Nuthouse part 2 on just that wing of the house, because I have some more stuff Id like to do. The map afterward is The Backlot, which is basically Nuthouse's back yard. So you may get 3 'carnivaly' type maps in one episode.

P.S. - dont worry, Lifekilled.. My new map 'Within The Woods' is even scarier
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Bump for working download link? I missed this release, and no one on irc has responded to my requests for it.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

scar3crow wrote:Bump for working download link? I missed this release, and no one on irc has responded to my requests for it.
http://www.bloodgame.ru/download/maps-w ... thouse.zip

it's hosted at the Russian Blood site, it's the old version. The new version that'll be in the addon has been revamped with new sounds and art and generally improved. The new version is eerie as hell and gives me the willies now with the improvements made. It's freaky. In the meantime, feel free to check out the old version.
Last edited by wangho on Thu Apr 19, 2007 08:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Thanks, installed - good going on including an ini so theres some actual music in the map, I will play it in just a moment =)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

scar3crow wrote:Thanks, installed - good going on including an ini so theres some actual music in the map, I will play it in just a moment =)
cool!
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Played a little bit. Kinda lost at this point unless Im supposed to tnt jump to where the cultists are, or toss some into the laughing projector region.

The voodoo doll room creeped me out, quite well. One of those cases of "I know it wont do it again... ...now dont do that again!"

Its a bit difficult to tell what is a door and what isnt, and it feels like theres a lot of dead ends, when there shouldnt be.

I dont get a good sense of direction, I do however get a good sense of isolation... Is the grandfather clock supposed to sound like gunfire?

Some of the nuthouse props were nicely startling...

Random other note, door opening speed should match the audio selected for it as well.

Crap now I want to install 95 or 98 onto my laptop just to toy around in mapedit and see if I can learn some of this. Gonna play the rest of the map tomorrow, got homework to do right now.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

sounds like you didnt go down the hallway by the theatre to the Shadow Show room. That key opens the door by the cultitsts and the hanging skeleton. I think I know what you mean about the doors with the little sliding ventilation door being kind of hard to notice. I thought the map was kinda linear after building it, and wanted people to spend some time on the map, so I added the fake doors.

The clock is supposed to sound like a clock that is posessed and going crazy with time passing quickly. Glad you liked the Voodoo room