Blood conversion for Doom2

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Is it just me, or does this mod feel like it should be slapped onto Ultimate Doom rather than Doom 2? Having those 2 shotguns like that is just lame. Surely with whatever those fancy programs are called, Doorhenge could just add more enemies to the game. Or is it less simple than that?
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Drakan wrote:Doorhenge could just add more enemies to the game. Or is it less simple than that?
Thats something that i need to ask him. Most of the enemies are just from Doom but wrapped up in Blood's Art, but the Acolyte is basically a Zombie with a RL.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Just met Doorhenge today :) he tells me he has an mp3 wad which has the CD music of Blood for use with the TC along with some extras get it here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNUJI70Y You have to load it second in the loading order, after zblud33.wad to hear the music.

Post by Guest »

Krypto wrote:i've played the TC myself. And yes it's very much enjoyable because it feels like Blood and plays great, an excellent way to relive the classic but with fixes.
You know - I really hate it when dickheads like you attack something you know absolutely nothing about. If you had even a half a freakin brain you'd realize that what I do at Doom Wad Station is unique and valuable to the doom and gaming community at large. But no, you're an asshole and feel that you are somehow better than everyone else so you have to knock the rest. f*** YOU! You think I spend hours upon hours every week building the most comprehensive id Software archive and review site on the PLANET so dickheads like you can be assholes.
I'll probably get banned but you know what - it made me feel better. I hate f*** like you.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

:shock: How was saying the TC was enjoyable an attack?

I personally think the concept of porting Blood to Doom is a waste of time (especially if its just Doom reskinned) but if it gets more people interested in Blood then more power to ya :wink:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Well while it's not 100% Blood, it's not quite a "re-skin" either. Sure, it's Doomery for the most part, but little features just recently being fleshed out like the new blood that flies out and the flare gun are slowly pushing it into the desired direction it wants to go. It's far from it, but it sure as hell isn't sitting on the ground either.

But oh well, I'm just being a re-run here. If anyone else wants to counter my points, go for it.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Anonymous wrote:You know - I really hate it when dickheads like you attack something you know absolutely nothing about. If you had even a half a freakin brain you'd realize that what I do at Doom Wad Station is unique and valuable to the doom and gaming community at large. But no, you're an asshole and feel that you are somehow better than everyone else so you have to knock the rest. f*** YOU! You think I spend hours upon hours every week building the most comprehensive id Software archive and review site on the PLANET so dickheads like you can be assholes.
I'll probably get banned but you know what - it made me feel better. I hate f*** like you.
Ok.. I'll just ignore you and assume your on crack or that you clicked the wrong button and ment Cheapalert :P yes the TC does reskin it to look like Blood but it does get people interested in Blood and features are coming along, it is starting to break away from the chains of Doom. Their is an alternate fire for Flare gun and Sawed off :wink: just be sure to use the Bludhirez.wad as that is the non Zdaemon version. Doorhenge says that it might be possible to get Reflective shots and the voodoo doll in, there may be code to allow projectiles to be reflected back onto the attacker. Feel my pain to buddy! :twisted:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

You know... I think he meant to qoute cheap alert. What was it that cheapy said again? :roll:
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Anonymous wrote:
Krypto wrote:i've played the TC myself. And yes it's very much enjoyable because it feels like Blood and plays great, an excellent way to relive the classic but with fixes.
You know - I really hate it when dickheads like you attack something you know absolutely nothing about. If you had even a half a freakin brain you'd realize that what I do at Doom Wad Station is unique and valuable to the doom and gaming community at large. But no, you're an asshole and feel that you are somehow better than everyone else so you have to knock the rest. f*** YOU! You think I spend hours upon hours every week building the most comprehensive id Software archive and review site on the PLANET so dickheads like you can be assholes.
haha. Didn't you also sell dvds/cds of this copyright infringing content too?

As a member of the Doom community, your site really isn't anything significant, it just hosts uncredited copies of others wads and strives to be the "official" source for getting demos of id's products.

ps. Doomworld is great btw, with a bunch of depthful not-asskissery reviews every week.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

PWNED :twisted:
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Progress is a tad slow at the moment because Doorhenge just finished 3 levels from CP (Boggy Creek, Mountain Pass, one other) when his harddrive crashed :( but he's just a bit disheartened at this. You rly must play the game with the Bludhirez.wad it's much better than the ZDaemon coop which cannot run this wad. But he doesn't want to drop support for ZDaemon so the hirez wad is the SP part which helps to make it feel more like Blood.

Also, the reason why he can't recreate the original levels in order because he can't replicate the levels exactly cause of the engine, thats why the layout has changed in the levels.
hund_
Axe Zombie

Post by hund_ »

i'm really enjoying this mod.it may not be blood but it does have the feel.
played coop with my grandson and he loved it ;)

i'm using this port http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/index.php

the order i'm loading the wads zBLUDv33.WAD BLUDMP3.WAD BludhiRz.WAD
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

hund_ wrote:i'm really enjoying this mod.it may not be blood but it does have the feel

i'm using this port http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/index.php

the order i'm loading the wads zBLUDv33.WAD BLUDMP3.WAD BludhiRz.WAD
It's like you read my mind :shock: the structure is on doom but it has features of Blood and on the whole it feels quite awesome 8)
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

boss429 wrote::shock: How was saying the TC was enjoyable an attack?

I personally think the concept of porting Blood to Doom is a waste of time (especially if its just Doom reskinned) but if it gets more people interested in Blood then more power to ya :wink:
Which gives me an idea - why not completely port all of Blood's content over to the Shadow Warrior, and exploit all of the open source and hi-res capability? Only problem is that the Build editor is an inflexible (hitags and lotags) POS when compared to mapedit.

Would have been a nice venture to try a few years ago.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Impressive. Mapedit is actually a variant of Build that STILL encorporates hitags and lotags, so if Ken Silverman released the Mapedit source, we would be all good. Actually, YOU COULD USE THAT TO TAILOR THE SHADOW WARRIOR ENGINE TO USE MAPEDIT! :)