Help a 'Total' newbie, Please !

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

oni
Rat

Help a 'Total' newbie, Please !

Post by oni »

After looking at the pictures of 'Transfusion', I'm quite impressed at how awesome the already great Quake 1 engine has been made, but I am having no clue how to run the game. What I know is this much...

Here's the page where are 3 files :

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=22136

I downloaded the 3rd file, 'Transfusion-SDK' win32.exe one, and it turned out to be independant files like source code and raw engines. I don't know what to make of it. Please do I have to download the other two files(for windows, yes I need to run it on windows), please help me. Is this game in run form or do I have to compile all of it. Please help me in steps for I'm a total noob on this work(sorry !). Thanks.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

In the table called "File Releases" the first row is called "Beta Versions".
Grab the two files from there - 1.1beta3 and its patch.

SDK stands for Software Development Kit so it's meant for those who want to edit the game and add new content to it. It's not needed to play the game.
oni
Rat

Post by oni »

PROBLEMATIC STILL :

Thank you so much Predator, I downloaded the 51 mb. file as you told me to do, but the game didn't run, alas, I came to know after reading the readme in it that this is the problem with my system not having OpenGL support as the error that occurs is of the file GLSIS630.dll in my case, yes it is a SIS system, ver old, infact, very very old.

But I'm not giving up... I am gonna really play this awesome promise so as I read in the readme, those who have such problems can download the version 1.01 of the game and play it without OpenGL, now the question is where can I get TransFusion 1.01, please help me I'm getting troubled and desperate to play the game and see the express stage also hear Caleb's voice. Please let me know is the 1.01 available on the same page as 1.1beta3 was ! Thanks !
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

oni wrote:Please let me know is the 1.01 available on the same page as 1.1beta3 was
Hmmm... what exactly do you mean? You don't see it there?
I mean that page ( http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=22136 ) generally offers three things: 1.1beta3, 1.01 and SDK.

You need to get to the same table that has 1.1beta3, but this time do not look in the "Beta Versions" section, but in the "Transfusion" section.
Download 1.0 first, then the patch (1.01).
oni
Rat

Post by oni »

Oh yes, yes, yes, thanks Predator, I just didn't knew that the 1.0[Notes] link was clickable, I only downloaded the patch and it was not making sense as to what it was. Thank you so much again, I am going to download it too now, thanks alot, I'll share my impressions as early as I play it !
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Great, I'm glad I could help. Have fun.