progress report request

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Jethro
Fanatic

progress report request

Post by Jethro »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to start another "when will we get a new version" thread :P Just kidding, actually, I know that the 1.1b4 version will come "when it's done". Anyway, I just wanted to put all things in one topic to make clear what's left till the next release

I've read that the new version will come when episode 1 will be finished in SP mode. So, we need:

1) models
- cultist - done
- zombie - done
- rat - model done, working on skin, right?
- bat - not done?
- bone eel - not done
- gargoyle/stone gargoyle - not done
- hell hand - not done
(that's all for episode 1?)

2) maps (I've heard you're converting them to a new format, how's the progress?)
- m1 - need some tweaking
- m2 - secret passage from platform to bookstore missing, ques thats' all
- m3, m4, m5, m6, m8 - are they done?
- m7 - looks fine

3) weapons
- pitchfork - looks fine for me
- flare gun - I've heard about some changes in it's code, am I right?
- sawed-off - works fine
- tommy gun - someone (Slink?) suggested changing alternate fire, is it done?
- napalm - i'm disapointed with it, it looks fine but it's not powerfull enough
- dynamite - how about fire on fuse (or whatever is this burning wire called :P), also physics (both throwing and explosion needs improvements)
- proximity charges (as I remember they layed on the ground in Great Temple) - works fine

4) music - I've seen the package but now it's extremally tricky to use. Are you working on it?

5) code
- crouching - I've heard that once you convert all maps to newer format it will be possible, right?
- I've heard about (and I even seen some of them) some changes in netcode. Is it ready?
- there were some changes in rendering system but it's still not perfect (map "The Stronghold" looks extremally buggy). Is someone working on it and will there be DX support? My card doesn't work fine with OpenGL
- menu - I've seen working version, looks fine
- armour - I've seen only one armour counter while I should have 3 of them (body, fire and spirit ones). Are you planning to change it till next release?
- HUD - almost perfect, the only thing was with negative life counter but I've heard it's already fixed
- deathcam - are you planning to change it to look like in Blood instead of this Quake thing?

So, can anyone tell me if I am right about what's already done and what's still waiting for it turn?

Jethro
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

If you mean the shotgun in the current version is ok, I think it fires a bit faster in Blood. In TF there's a bit of a pause between firing each shell.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, the entire first episode ready for single player is a very strong demand.
At least for beta4. I don't think it's going to happen.
What I think is more realistic is the entire first episode for Transfusion 1.1 (not beta), and only E1M1 plus E1M2 for beta4.

It may sound disappointing to some of you at first, but beta4 will be a huge step forward anyway. I'll mention just a few features:

-E1M1, E1M2, converted to Q3 format, updated and playable in SP
-all standard BB maps converted to Q3 format and updated
-some new maps
-crouching
-new and updated models
-new and updated skins
-code changes
-new hud

and probably more things that I forgot to mention now.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

- bat - not done?
- bone eel - not done
- gargoyle/stone gargoyle - not done
- hell hand - not done
These are all modeled (except the hellhand). I skinned the bat a while ago, but it will probably have a revision. The rest need skins and animations. So yeah, thoes are being worked on.

IMO, most of the weapons and game physics in general will need code revision, but that will probably be the focus of a later relase. If anyone with a taste for programming wants to help out......

There are a large number of models that we will need to create for e1m2 as well as e1m3 (150+) but after that there should be very little need for aditional models.

As for music, you just need to be sure you have the ogg files in the right directory and that they have the proper name.
Last edited by DustyStyx on Fri Mar 24, 2006 03:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonny5.1

Post by jonny5.1 »

As I believe I have mentioned before, the next Transfusion release will make my year. :guns:
psuedozardozwhocantlogin

please forgive my off topicness but...

Post by psuedozardozwhocantlogin »

is anyone here in contact with Arjan? He posted several months ago and seems to have some interest in transfusion. I don't know how comprehensive his quake c is but he did set up the progs for the map converter. If he has ant spare time maybe he 'd help out a little.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

E1M6 has most of the geometry finished, but needs to have the entities (monsters, doors, lighting, etc.) proberly implemented. Personally, I have been tied up with school. -Slink
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Slink wrote:monsters, doors, lighting, etc
Monsters in Transfusion?

w00t-woooooot!

:D