A concern...

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

OKAY, okay, it is ONE of the biggest... ;)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Nice pants!
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Thanks!
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:Correct, my fair ghost.

E2M5 "The Haunting" Aka "The House of Ra_Ra_Gazaa" is the biggest map in Blood and a whopper of a map at that!
It's definately one of my favourite maps. It's probably the biggest and most ironic too.

You can miss a HUGE part of the map if you happen to have a pair of jumping boots. OR if you know of THAT secret and/or the "dynamite stick trick."
Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

Cruaich wrote:However, once that's all done and we have a final version of the core game mechanics worked out and release it with the initial Blood episode, people should beable to do whatever they like with the game. Includeing making there own episodes.
Isn't most of the data still copyrighted by Monolith and granted for this project only?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Now now, who's to say that these people do not have a liscenced copy of blood,
and will only distribute copies of their creations to those who also do? ;)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Toddd wrote:Isn't most of the data still copyrighted by Monolith and granted for this project only?
Why? Are you planing on setting up shop to sell our little game? Reaping huge riches and dancing on the dangerous line of copyright infringement?

I think you've missed the point of this entire exercise Todd, so I'll spell it out Just for you.

W-E---D-O-N-T---W-A-N-T---B-L-O-O-D---T-O---D-I-E-!

This means that we want to recreate Blood to the best of our ability, in a way that will allow others to build from what we've started.

We, were granted permission from Atari to distribute the copyrighted materials on a quitclam basis, so long as we don't use the Blood trademark.

Once we've finished our work, I see no reason why people can't make there own maps/mods and distribute them freely for use with Transfusion, just as they have done from the days of Wolf3D all the way to the present day, UT2K4 and Doom3. Monolith itself encouraged people making there own maps for Blood; and since they are aware of our little project, and they have not expressed any negative tones, ordering us to cease and desist. I don't anticipate any problems.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

:: Salutes ::