A concern...

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

)))000(((
Cultist

A concern...

Post by )))000((( »

MAIN CONCERN,

Is this project dead? There have been no updates (exept for the new beta) for a very very long time. :cry: I do hope that you guys are doing the coding, maps, models, and other stuff..

IF YOU ARE WORKIN' ON IT,

Will it have Single Player in the future (I like SP more then deathmatch)?
Are you going to stay on the Q1 Engine?
How do I play multiplayer? I have Dark Places Q1...

OTHER,

Ummm... my first time here... delete the thread if you have a problem with it... thanx...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, welcome to the board )))000(((. Glad you could stop by.
Yes, we are working on the project though to be honest there has been alot of burnout felt by many of the older contributing members of the team for the last year and a half. However we have had some new people contributing some good work to the project; so yes, there has been a resurgence of enthusiasm. There is always room for anyone that has talent and would like to contribute.

The future of the project:
Due to our current pool of talent we are still in debate on what should be done next, but I think we are going to try and get all the E1 & BB maps polished off to better represent what is in Blood, at least that's my point of interest. :D This would include getting all the maps updated with proper swinging doors, crouching points, and have all the Blood props (world models and destructible wall ornaments) added to the maps.

SP, may take a while in getting here, as our pool of programmers is a little thin and we need AI programmed and tested.

For multiplayer you will probably want to pull down Beta3, it's got much better netcode, and there's a server on the master server listing.

Other,
We generally don't delete posts, exceptions being warez links. And even then I just edit out those bits. Some times I'll move a thread to a more appropriate sub-forum. We try to be friendly here.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Friendly indeed!

Hahaha Burnout felt! Have faith Bloodites! Let us not follow Bloodlines TC's example! For they were bold and were crushed. We must be pure of heart!

We must not vanish. Transfusion is the banner to which all Bloodites are called. With Transfusion gone, the Blood community will weaken and I don't want to say goodbye to my fellow cult mem- err... friends around here.

Strength and honor Bloodites, strength and honor.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:Hahaha Burnout felt! Have faith Bloodites! Let us not follow Bloodlines TC's example! For they were bold and were crushed. We must be pure of heart!

We must not vanish. Transfusion is the banner to which all Bloodites are called. With Transfusion gone, the Blood community will weaken and I don't want to say goodbye to my fellow cult mem- err... friends around here.
Bloodlines TC isn't totally dead, its just on the same pace as DNF (maybe 3dr is really behind it!)

And you'd still always have that wonderful blood forum, the wonder of the blood community! :roll:
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

This project is far from being dead.
Could something dead seriously kick your butt, like our new beta does it? :lol:
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Blood does have the advantange of the undead though too!
We can never die!
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

To quote Tchernobog, if I may :

"Muhahahahahahaha!"

Note that that's the exact amount of 'ha's'.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:
[...]
Note that that's the exact amount of 'ha's'.
I noticed that... :D
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Oh crap! I have to work on E1M6! That reminded me... ;P I am about to start the mapping again, fellas. :-D Heheheh. That is like the biggest map in the game (one of 'em).

Truly-
Slink
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Good to know you're with us again. :D

And man, aren't you right! Such maps are real pain in the...
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Yay, I like the sound of that! I like the original blood game and the expansion pack. It is bad thou that you lack programers, cant help you with that. So, for the SP maps, are you gonna remake the old ones or make some new ones?

PS: For me Single Player is almost everything that I want in this game...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

We are going to try and get all the retail Blood maps recreated for Transfusion. (Blood, Plasma Pak, and Cryptic Passage) We have a number of maps that have been converted to Transfusion so far, just unpak the maps.pk3 file and you'll see what maps have been worked on so far.

We also have some original maps as well as a few Blood2 bloodbath maps.

The maps do need quite a bit of tinkering yet, before they will be considered done. We would like to get all the map features hammered out with "The way of all Flesh" So the mappers dont have to go over the same maps over and over again.

We are still in the process of finding the optimal setup for the game.

However, once that's all done and we have a final version of the core game mechanics worked out and release it with the initial Blood episode, people should beable to do whatever they like with the game. Includeing making there own episodes.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Man, if we were to recreate MY map for TF, that would eat about as much time as one of the larger bloodmaps... I used to map for blood, somewhat at least. ;)
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Slink wrote:Oh crap! I have to work on E1M6! That reminded me... ;P I am about to start the mapping again, fellas. :-D Heheheh. That is like the biggest map in the game (one of 'em).

Truly-
Slink
Even bigger than E2M5 - "The Haunting?"
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Correct, my fair ghost.

E2M5 "The Haunting" Aka "The House of Ra_Ra_Gazaa" is the biggest map in Blood and a whopper of a map at that!