play original MIDI music in Transfusion

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Bloody

play original MIDI music in Transfusion

Post by Bloody »

I tried the .ogg cdsoundtracks.pk3 file
but i think there're not too many musics
i think the original MIDI music is better
What should I do and where I need to download files from?
I knew someone asked this before, but I don't understand actually...
Please teach me, thx :P
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I've converted the midi mp3 files to ogg and have linked to them on the files page. You will probably have to rename the cblood1, 2, 3 files to track02, 03, etc. Keep in mind tho that Blood's midi use does not corrospond directly to the CD track, ie cblood1 will not always be the right midi for a map if it is just renamed track01. You check the midi.txt file included to see which maps call what midi files.

Knock yourself out.
Bloody

Post by Bloody »

Cruaich wrote:I've converted the midi mp3 files to ogg and have linked to them on the files page. You will probably have to rename the cblood1, 2, 3 files to track02, 03, etc. Keep in mind tho that Blood's midi use does not corrospond directly to the CD track, ie cblood1 will not always be the right midi for a map if it is just renamed track01. You check the midi.txt file included to see which maps call what midi files.

Knock yourself out.
Sorry...I'm too stupid to understand
which cblood should be which track?
Can u tell me?
Thx very very much... :shrug:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Okay, for example Blood's ini file has these entries:
[e1m2]
Title = Wrong Side of the Tracks
Author = Craig Hubbard [Croweater]
Song = cblood10
Track = 8

[e1m7]
Title = Altar of Stone
Author = James Wilson
Song = cblood7
Track = 8
If you were playing Blood with the CD in you would hear Track 8, Fate of the Damned However, Blood is also set to play a different MIDI file in the event that the game CD is not in the tray: cblood10 and cblood7 respectively.

To hear the OGG conversion of the MIDI file in Transfusion, you would need to rename cblood10.ogg to track08.ogg and have it in the .\Transfusion\basetf\sounds\cdtracks\ directory.

This would suffice to play e1m2 and hear the appropriate MIDI track. Unfortunatly this is the flaw we have; if you then start e1m7, instead of hearing cblood7 as you are intended to hear, Transfusion would once again spool up cblood10, because that is the OGG file we named to be Track08.

Does that help?
Bloody

Post by Bloody »

Cruaich wrote:Okay, for example Blood's ini file has these entries:
[e1m2]
Title = Wrong Side of the Tracks
Author = Craig Hubbard [Croweater]
Song = cblood10
Track = 8

[e1m7]
Title = Altar of Stone
Author = James Wilson
Song = cblood7
Track = 8
If you were playing Blood with the CD in you would hear Track 8, Fate of the Damned However, Blood is also set to play a different MIDI file in the event that the game CD is not in the tray: cblood10 and cblood7 respectively.

To hear the OGG conversion of the MIDI file in Transfusion, you would need to rename cblood10.ogg to track08.ogg and have it in the .\Transfusion\basetf\sounds\cdtracks\ directory.

This would suffice to play e1m2 and hear the appropriate MIDI track. Unfortunatly this is the flaw we have; if you then start e1m7, instead of hearing cblood7 as you are intended to hear, Transfusion would once again spool up cblood10, because that is the OGG file we named to be Track08.

Does that help?
Do u mean that e1m2 and e1m7 need to play the same song?
Cos they using the same track---8
But the original songs cblood10 and cblood7 are two different songs.
So...I can only use one of them to be track 8?
Am I right?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Yes.

You obviously can rename the OGGs how ever you wish, but you would have to quit out of the game, rename the files and then fire things up agian.
Tenebrifer
Rat

Post by Tenebrifer »

How coul one prefer the midi than the cd songs...curious. But other weird fact is that when i put the original cd of blood and play transfusion, i get to hear the cd songs for each map, but not the right ones. Just find it weird. Anyway, sorry about the horrible english, i am not used to it yet.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

I like the midi and the cd soundtrack equally, because theyre by the same composer and thus have the same level of musical talent behind the raw composition - and what matters in Blood's music is the notes (which MIDI accurately performs) and tempo (which MIDI once again accurately performs). Also I just have a fondness for midi, much in the same way that I like 2.5d engines like Build and ZDoom.

They both sound good to me (though midi loops better as it is just pure music, not so much ambience in the background) and are thoroughly Blood, so Im just happy to listen =)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

scar3crow wrote: Also I just have a fondness for midi, much in the same way that I like 2.5d engines like Build and ZDoom.
Me too, me too! :D

(That's why I working on an adventure game powered by BUILD...)