Playing Blood with QuakeForge

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

ducon
Rat

Playing Blood with QuakeForge

Post by ducon »

I installed Transfusion in my Linux box and tried "nq-glx -game transfusion" and:
* I see the two bloodbath demos
* When I start a new game I begin in the Quake start map but with the Blood weapons and in Bloodbath mode
What’s happening? What did I forget?
I tried with or without the original Blood CD mounted.
Savage
Axe Zombie

Post by Savage »

Did you start a single-player game or a multiplayer game?

You can always change the level by e.g. typing

changelevel e1m1

into the console.

Starting with Transfusion 1.1 support for other Quake engines than Darkplaces will end. I propose you have a look at Darkplaces - chances are high you will like it.

Savage
Last edited by Savage on Sun Sep 12, 2004 01:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

Download beta3 and use the binary that comes with it (transfusion-glx)
ducon
Rat

Post by ducon »

Gargl, I did not write my question correctly. I just want to play Blood in SP.
Savage
Axe Zombie

Post by Savage »

ducon wrote:Gargl, I did not write my question correctly. I just want to play Blood in SP.
Transfusion is multiplayer only at the time being. Try http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/ for running original DOS Blood under Linux.

Savage
ducon
Rat

Post by ducon »

Thanks, I’ll look at it.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

In response to the original query, it looks as though you set up Transfusion to run as a mod for Quake. It is a standalone product, meaning you can put it in its own directory and run it. After version 1.01 we decided to scrap compatability with Quake itself, and now supports only the DarkPlaces engine. Single Player is still a long way off at this stage, so unfortunately we can't deliver you your SP fix yet.
ducon
Rat

Post by ducon »

I’ve compiled Darkplaces yesterday but I don’t know what to do with it, there’s no doc, just sources, binaries and libs. I tried to run it whithout success.
Savage
Axe Zombie

Post by Savage »

ducon wrote:I’ve compiled Darkplaces yesterday but I don’t know what to do with it, there’s no doc, just sources, binaries and libs. I tried to run it whithout success.
There are 2 executables: darkplaces-dedicated and darkplaces-glx. Copy them to your Quake and/or Transfusion directory (where the other executables, e.g. quake.exe are).

However, Transfusion already comes with Darkplaces. You only need to update if you have problems with the included version.

(I thought you were a fan of the original Quake when I gave my advise to have a look at Darkplaces. If you´re only interested in Transfusion you don´t have to bother.)

Savage
Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

the beta3 of transfusion comes with a transfusion-glx file. That is the binary needed to run Transfusion.
You can also overwrite it with your self-compiled version of Darkplaces, but the filename must be transfusion-glx or otherwise it won't work with Transfusion.

Now to make everything clear:
Transfusion is a standalone product, a game of it's own. You don't need Blood to run it and you don't need Quake to run it.