How Do I....

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DemonPostalWrkr
Cultist

How Do I....

Post by DemonPostalWrkr »

If I have RT lighting off the blood looks like this

If its on, it looks like this

Is there a way I can have it look like the second photo, instead of the first one WITHOUT RT world on?

Also is there a way I can make it play the Blood Midi's instead of the CD Tracks?
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Playing the midis is easy, you just have to rename them and put them in the proper folder (not sure of specifics right now). As for the blood looking right, not sure at all.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

If you want Transfusion to play midis you must have them converted to .ogg format. Then you just make a zip archive exactly like cdsoundtrack.pk3, and place it in your basetf directory. As the last step you move cdsoundtrack.pk3 from your basetf to another directory.

In this way you can make TF play any kind of music instead of original soundtrack.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Thank you for the correction. Audacity time! :D
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

the blood you are speaking of is called stainmaps which is another layer of the texelmaps (the static lights), hence why they are always circular in their nature. with rtlights on it defaults to ignoring all texelmaps and goes only with the realtime lighting, hence you will not see anything of texel origin, such as the stainmaps.

there IS a cvar to leave lightmaps on with rtlights going, i dont recall it offhand but its somewhere along the lines of r_shadows_realtime_world_lightmap just go upto the point of world and hit tab to see a list of relative cvars. 0 is the default, 1 displays the lightmap and realtime, 0.5 for example would display the lightmap at 50% opacity. in Quake i use 50% or so opacity on the lightmaps with rtlights because it helps retain some of the id maps flavor while still making good use of the moody real time lighting. in Blood that may not stylistically work as well, but give it a go. but yes, having the lightmaps on in realtime lighting should retain the wonderfully violent stainmaps and also keep the cool lighting