Testers? Enroll here!

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Fiend:Kamikaze,
Sorry, I should have said "good work" first =]P but I get a little annoyed with people bitching, rather than contributing.

Getting a good read of what the damages will do to Caleb in BloodBath and then compairing them to the various monsters in the game should give a good read on what damages are actualy delt, also what damage resistance each monster may or may not have.

Guest,
Haveing a hack that would read the damages as they are delt in game would be just as involved as hacking Blood into working flawlessly on modern hardware and operating systems... clearly we dont have that level of 733+'ness, so we get to do it the hard way.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Getting a good read of what the damages will do to Caleb in BloodBath and then compairing them to the various monsters in the game should give a good read on what damages are actualy delt, also what damage resistance each monster may or may not have.
*Plants flashing signs around that point at himself*

People are appropriately deaf regarding this topic when I speak. It's interesting, actually. This must be investigated further! :D
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

The anonymous guest (well, not so anonymous to the Administrators) should be treated as little more than a troll.

Hacking the exe is NOT an option, and I would have a hard time accepting data accumulated in such a way. Throwing around 'algorithms' like a buzz word is not helping any cause, especially when said person can't seem to make a useful contribution. Besides, with enough data sets we can create our own if necessary. Blood's damage system may be complex, hence why we are doing a lot of testing and have asked the community for help in obtaining values.

Post by Guest »

well, not so anonymous to the Administrators
Hmm, I have really memorable IP, I'm not surprised.
should be treated as little more than a troll.
I don't look like a troll.... :lol:
we can create our own if necessary
Like this idea! :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

ÐÐ, it's not just you. I've been saying that the entire time, ever since Darth Linux originaly asked people to do weapons testing the first time we took a wack at it.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Fore some reason I missed a large portion of page 1 & 2 of this thread... Da_Weezle and ÐÐ my hat goes off to you sirs! These maps are what I've been wishing for! The only thing I can think of that is missing is a gravity crushing situation, where by you can just stand on a beasty untill it's dead.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

I wonder how badly those little hands are damaged by the crushing force that is powered by the gravity on Caleb's mass.

:twisted:

Post by Guest »

Little hands... Whom? :twisted: Do you think I'm too coward to register?
I just don't want.
It's better to make a new damage system, than these stupidiest ideas, they're not serious.
I think, Transfusion already need a little bit more optimization and still
buggy. Sample: I ran it without properly installed video drivers, as always it was loading too slow, no other games worked without video drivers, but it did! Everything would be perfect, but... BLANK BLACK SCREEN, only sounds! This is very crude error for any game, even not commercial. I hope you'll fix this bug and add a loading screen!
Thanks for your LOLerance! :lol:
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Hmmm, if only we could teach it reasoning :D

Post by Guest »

teach it reasoning
yeah..., friendly people :(
do you understand i just trying to help to make the game better? i "can't reason" as good as you only because i'm not from english-speaking country, i don't want to make more errors, than i am already doing.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Well, mister Guest. We are quite a bunch of friendly people, but, whether English is your first language or not, I'm sure you have enough sense to know that calling our ideas stupid isn't very nice at all. :evil:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

And even if you had been curteous about it, we are, as far as I can tell, NOT going to make a new damage system. This way Blood can be represented as closely as possible.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Anonymous wrote:
teach it reasoning
yeah..., friendly people :(
do you understand i just trying to help to make the game better? i "can't reason" as good as you only because i'm not from english-speaking country, i don't want to make more errors, than i am already doing.
I don't think the problem is your language. The problem I see is that you've jumped straight in without reading up on the project. The latest release was a beta, so of course it's going to have issues. It does require video drivers to run - actually I can't think of a game which doesn't require drivers. So turning around and saying "this is a very crude error" strikes as more of an insult than troubleshooting. Calling the ideas stupid doesn't help your standing either, I don't think they're stupid; in fact I think they can work towards a valid damage system that emulates the one in Blood.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

See? We are nice! They have said very useful things, guest. They are good things for you to read. Now, have fun and be nice. We don't want to have to destroy our guest system. ;)

At least he didn't post spam... :) I guess...

-Slink
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Was there ever a question that we are nice?

I am the great cornholio! Must have TP for my bunhole!