multiplayer maps

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

argv
Axe Zombie

multiplayer maps

Post by argv »

hello.

i recently discovered this project and i already LOVE it.

i will download it as soon as i can because im on 56k so it will take some time.

anyway, my question is: what multiplayer maps are included in current release? only bloodbath or is there some singleplayer maps to play in multiplayer?

thx.

and because you are blood experts please answer one offtopic question:

how to play orginal blood multiplayer on XP vs XP machine? i tweaked blood to work perfectly on XP, but mplayer just wont work.

when i setup the game to play in mplayer on both machines i get

"looking for 2 players on the network.........................."

it wont find other machine.

i tried commit 1.2, 1.3(blood orginal), 1.4 (duke3d).
enabled low level network, ipx protocols loaded, netware loaded...

anyway i think there is NO WAY to play blood multiplayer on XP. if anyone know how please help.

thx again.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, as far as I remember Slink, Cruaich and ILA managed to make Blood multiplayer work under XP. They were using commit version 1.4, but you'll have to ask them for all the details, as I have never tried it.

As for maps - yes, all the maps can be played in multiplayer, that means e1m1 or e1m2 for example. Browse through the multiplayer menu to see which maps are available.

And how about your nick - argv. Are you a C fan? :wink:
argv
Axe Zombie

Post by argv »

Well, as far as I remember Slink, Cruaich and ILA managed to make Blood multiplayer work under XP. They were using commit version 1.4, but you'll have to ask them for all the details, as I have never tried it.
really? :) i tried every little thing i could think of and it just wont work. "looking for network players......"
As for maps - yes, all the maps can be played in multiplayer, that means e1m1 or e1m2 for example. Browse through the multiplayer menu to see which maps are available.
neato :) E1M2 ownz :-)
And how about your nick - argv. Are you a C fan? :wink:
yeah ;)
argv
Axe Zombie

Post by argv »

downloaded. i must say this is a real piece of work. well done everybody. althrough game still needs a lot of polishing i think it will be superb once finished. if you need any help with the code, maybe i can help.

regarding the offtopic...

i managed to get mplayer working via DOSBox. but my cpu aint so elite so i cant play :)
if anyone is interested in how to mplayer via DOSBox, let me know.

will try some new ideas now to get it working via xp :)