Any updates?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

bloodfan

Any updates?

Post by bloodfan »

Hi, what features are you working on for the next version and when we can expect it, besides 'when its done'? Sooner or later? I wanna play :)
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

The next beta release will have basic single player on E1M1 and most probably E1M2. It will also include some new multi player maps and map updates.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

to translate, it will be a f*** cool ass friggin stomp bastard s*** for all of you to enjoy! hell yeah! :twisted:
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

to translate, it will be a f*** cool ass friggin stomp bastard s*** for all of you to enjoy! hell yeah!
Third time I've quoted in my life.

This comes naturally, Mouth, though it will still be a while before ÐÐ samples this wonderful project. Willis and his lads will have a field day when I post MY report! :twisted:
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:
to translate, it will be a f*** cool ass friggin stomp bastard s*** for all of you to enjoy! hell yeah!
Third time I've quoted in my life.

This comes naturally, Mouth, though it will still be a while before ÐÐ samples this wonderful project. Willis and his lads will have a field day when I post MY report! :twisted:
I have a field day every time I test something in it the way it is, your comments will be nothing new I assure you ;) Speaking of which, I really need to get working on things again, I've been a numb hand lately it seems :(
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

numb hand :lol: hahah, geddit? :)
Sgt_BFG

Post by Sgt_BFG »

are we actually going to get an update?
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Did you finish the animation of the monster models?
Did you code good enoth AI to with them?
What about the sounds 2 go along with them?
Did you finish the other main needed s***?

If you did all of the above stop f*** procrastinating and give us a release!
If you still need to procrastinate... do it quikly!

OK THAT WAS THE MOST TO THE POINT RESPONCE I HAVE EV@R GIVEN... SORRY JUST HAD TO DO IT. :twisted:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

We want chilly willy!! We want chilly willy!!
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

By the gods, people! All things truly worthwhile are worth waiting for! PATIENCE! :evil:

Post by Guest »

predator wrote:The next beta release will have basic single player on E1M1 and most probably E1M2. It will also include some new multi player maps and map updates.
Any changes to netcode maybe?
Sgt_BFG

Post by Sgt_BFG »

but is this MOD alive or what?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Believe it or not, the people working on this "mod" actually have lives and jobs. They are not doing this because they are paid. They are not doing this because someone has to. They are doing this because of their love for a wonderful game and the people surrounding it.

Be grateful that anybody gives a s*** about Blood these days.

So how's about we keep quiet and give these guys the time they need, hey? :evil:
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, Daedalus has just clarified this matter so I'll only say this:

1)
YES, there will be an update, and it hopefully will be ready in June.
We still have to get some things done.
Actually we were about to release an update a few weeks ago but decided to wait a bit longer so you guys could get even more cool features.

2)
NO, the closest update probably won't have any significant netcode improvements, but we certainly do hope to have this problem resolved later.
This update will mostly concentrate on the single player aspect of the game, although it will also have some multiplayer map updated.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Anonymous wrote:Any changes to netcode maybe?
predator wrote:2)
NO, the closest update probably won't have any significant netcode improvements, but we certainly do hope to have this problem resolved later.
Actually, yes it will. LordHavoc is putting the finishing touches on the DP7 protocol which will have client-side walk prediction which will be finalized in the next two days or so. client-side walk prediction means that when you move, it will respond like if you were playing a local game.