Suggestion

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Hypto
Rat

Suggestion

Post by Hypto »

When you get the full version done (single player and multiplayer) how about you guys make this into in xbox game aswell? i say xbox because it has xbox live, 4 controller ports, xbox is the best to transfer over because you dont have to buy a multitap and it can handle alot of memeroy and graphics, and you can download content like new maps, skins, players stuff like that, and another one, make the single player game into a coopertive mode also? me and my brother loved playing and taking turns playing blood on our laptop, and it would be cool to see it in 3d and on our favorite system and play together at the same time, good luck with the process of the game guys, and keep up the good work its looking fantastic, and please, please please! take my ideas!
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

That has been suggested previously. However you have to remember this is a homebrew game that must remain free as provided by our agreement with Atari.

Publishing to Xbox live would actually have to be an official game publisher type thing.

Theoretically, if some one were to go through all the steps necessary to register as a game publisher with Microsoft and get things worked out with Atari and Monolith so that they could actually publish a port like what we've done with Transfusion. I guess it would be possible… unfortunately I don’t see that happening any time soon.
Bloodite
Cultist

Post by Bloodite »

Ive been thinking of something like this for almost 2 years now, and I cant see any reasonable solution involving Live. However, what can be done is Darkplaces ported to xbox, with xlink kai, could run on kai's network instead of live, keeping trans free and online at the same time.

I also know that in ID Softwares license for Quake 3 arena comes with the dc ports code as well, which would include the engines modifications for the 4 player splitscreen that port enjoys.

Once ID releases the Q3 engine code, one could ask them if they would release the DC's enigne as well, then take the splitscreen code out of it and add it to Darkplaces, making Trans 4 player, which would probably require some modifications to Trans itself to allow 4 players.

The People at DCEmulation are waiting till the release to ask them this same question, hopefully, they get a positive answer.