Is this still alive?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Is this still alive?

Post by Tchernobog »

Slink wrote:Have you guys seen BloodGDX yet? Some guy is reverse-engineering the source code. I nearly shat myself. <3
Yeah, it is the same guy behind BloodCM. Quite impressive.

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/BloodGDX
da_weezle
Acolyte

Re: Is this still alive?

Post by da_weezle »

Holy s***! This is the way the game is supposed to be played. I just tried this out, expecting to get a very buggy or laggy game, but it works flawlessly. Even some of the old bugs are implemented, like the immortal burning zombie. :D I haven't tried swinging-door-killing myself yet. Running this game at 1920x1080 with vsync, auto-aim off and proper mouse handling is just a blessing. All we need now is support for network mode (I've seen that libGDX also comes with some networking components) and we can completely revive Blood. :evillaugh:

I always wondered whether reverse-engineering wasn't just the way to go for these Blood-revival projects, but figured that the task of decompiling and comparing out the BUILD parts etc would be too cumbersome and would probably yield no result int the end. But here it is. It is kind of evil to say, but thank God for the alpha leak, eh?

PS: The form for posting messages on this forum brings my computer to a halt. Anyone else have that?