Transfusion on OS X (Darkplaces)

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

termit
Rat

Transfusion on OS X (Darkplaces)

Post by termit »

As I understand there is no build for OSX, so I've downloaded 1.1beta3 resources and run it with latest Darkplaces (20140513) using "-basedir" option. It works kinda ok, but some keybind options are missing and in map selection there are quake maps. How can I fix that?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Transfusion on OS X (Darkplaces)

Post by Tchernobog »

I personally would love someone to just take the latest beta and make it work on the latest Darkplaces - it would solve a whole lot of problems.
termit
Rat

Post by termit »

I can take care of it, but where I can find source code of current binary (1.1beta3) – in repository there is only code for gameplay in quakeC and source code for tools.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

At the risk of showing my blazing ignorance of all things quake, isn't the exe. nothing but the engine (DP)? and everything else utilized either a dll. or a pak? Whatever engine was current on the 1.1beta release is what tfn uses client/server wise. The DP repository should have
older releases uploaded.

Transfusion included a few quake multiplayer maps to engraciate themselves with the quake community and add some variety to the lineup.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

When I use the Arch Linux AUR package which does couple Transfusion with the current Darkplaces it does mostly work but there are some oddities such as it exposing more maps than can really be loaded and an odd persistent screen bop which is not a huge problem but is obviously always there.

On the plus side all of the sounds work a treat though, unlike with the last officially packaged version of Transfusion where it still tries to use antiquated sound paths on Linux.
termit
Rat

Post by termit »

What is the latest version of Transfusion resources 1.1beta3 or 1.05beta2? Logically it should be 1.1beta3, but it has older files? I'm I missing something?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I admit to always being puzzled by that numbering scheme.

According to the main download site,
1.01b3 is the main release while 1.05b2 is the development/ testing version.

http://www.transfusion-game.com/files.php
termit
Rat

Post by termit »

Ok, I was doing it wrong, Proper option to launch Transfusion with DP is "-transfusion". Now it has proper keybindings and map list, but yeah it has screen shacking and HUD is kinda broken. I will dig DP source code and see If I can fix that.