Selling Transfusion on Ouya

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Elric
Cabal member

Selling Transfusion on Ouya

Post by Elric »

A couple of days ago, Nick Edwards has kindly brought to LordHavoc's attention (who has then kindly brought to my attention) a peculiar game called "Zombie Arena" by a developer called "Studio 3D" on Ouya game pages: http://www.ouya.tv/games/?show=s-z

In his reply to Nick's email, LordHavoc also points out that:
there appear to be several other titles being sold by this person on the amazon market as well, including Blood (clearly Transfusion) which is a trademark violation to be sure, and I see others like 3D Arena which is clearly OpenArena, and there's Alien Arena, and Soldier of Fortune, and others on there.

Regardless of Transfusion, it looks like several companies would have good reason to have Studio 3D Mobile banned from the app store for trademark violations if nothing else.
To be honest, I'm not sure what to think about that. In the end, Transfusion is a free game, and the only non-free part (some data), doesn't belong to us. What do you think?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Selling Transfusion on Ouya

Post by N0t_mINe »

It would justify a letter to Amazon at the very least. You might not like the role of police officer, but now there really isn't a choice.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

has anyone been able to get the "buy" page to load? All it does is load to an amazon page selling the Ouya console for me.

The amazon page for "Blood" looks like it's distributing a youtube of transfusion?

http://www.amazon.com/Studio-3D-Mobile ... 34&sr=1-1

Is it April?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Thanks to phones we really have gone back to the days of shovelware haven't we? *sigh*
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I might just need to add a section to our Transfusion article entitled "Attempted Abuses". :?

Also, 12+ for the thing?