How Many People Are Needed to Finish TRANSFUSION?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

How Many People Are Needed to Finish TRANSFUSION?

Post by BEAST »

The BEAST still appreciates the ongoing creation of TRANSFUSION...

Since I've noticed a bunch of topics involving several reconsiderations for the project, and the TRANSFUSION development team is still in need of volunteers, I wish to ask you: How many people are needed in order to progress TRANSFUSION's development? Does it involve 14, 30, or more than 50 to help the project? (Or would it need more than a 100?)

Maybe we need to outfit all forum members with cybernetic implants containing the code knowledge needed to engineer this version of Dark Places technology efficiently (considering the number of forum members)?
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Re: How Many People Are Needed to Finish TRANSFUSION?

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Wow, 99 developers huh? Let's see, that's 33 quakeC coders, 33 level designers, and of course 33 modelers/ texture artists. Transfusion would be done in about 6 months. 2 months of that would be nothing but bug hunting and polishing. :) The challenges provided by reality are still sobering though. Look at it this way; even with 99 developers starting tomorrow, Bloodxl would still win the race. :shrug: :zombie: :skull: :rip:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Actually, 99 developers and you would probably end up with Daikatana. Work flow does not always increase with an increased work force.

Actually, I would suspect that at the moment it all would really need is an engine programmer, a game logic programmer, some level designers and maybe one or two artists. So maybe around six to eight people.

Remember, we do have a strong art and game logic base already, we just need more physics tweaks (which are actually overstated IMO) and some more AI work. Of course, I have not actually seen the code, but that is my impression from what I have heard.

Unfortunately, I have not masted any of those particular disciplines myself at this point, so... :banghead:
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I'm game. How are those cybernetic implants coming along beast?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

No results yet, zZaRDOZz. I need to find a way to sneak into the universe of SYSTEM SHOCK 2, and steal the experimental scientific/mathematical/artistic grade implants from TriOptimum, and jump into DEUS EX's universe to steal some infolink and creativity nanotech augmentations from Bob Page.

And no, bloodites! I will not steal the experimental new Telsa Canon from Cabalco in the BLOOD 2 universe! You don't need it to make Transfusion!!!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:And no, bloodites! I will not steal the experimental new Telsa Canon from Cabalco in the BLOOD 2 universe! You don't need it to make Transfusion!!!
Yeah, but it would help kill the time when waiting for some code to compile or relieve some frustration after debugging. :wink:
TheDerangedOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheDerangedOne »

Tchernobog wrote:
BEAST wrote:And no, bloodites! I will not steal the experimental new Telsa Canon from Cabalco in the BLOOD 2 universe! You don't need it to make Transfusion!!!
Yeah, but it would help kill the time when waiting for some code to compile or relieve some frustration after debugging. :wink:
Not to mention it could be used as a tester resource to see how the map holds out and if the entire game runs properly start to end. I remember there being a Fallout: New Vegas weapon that served a similar/that purpose.

I got a few hours per day I could be putting on this and it would be more productive, so long as it doesn't interfere with my school work... But I'd need some tips with coding, as I'm not that good at it. ... Although I can take someone else's code and tweak it to get a working effect, albeit sometimes with mixed results.

Don't know how to do graphics at all though.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, since you are interested, I think Willis would be the best person to talk to when it comes to getting started or looking at the code.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Good luck with QuakeC.
TheDerangedOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheDerangedOne »

Tchernobog wrote:Well, since you are interested, I think Willis would be the best person to talk to when it comes to getting started or looking at the code.
Right, So what's Willis's forum name again?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Just visit his profile and give him a message:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Any news? It's okay to keeps your goals modest early on Derangedone.
RedDaemonfox
Axe Zombie

Post by RedDaemonfox »

What type of programmers does the team need to assist with Transfusion?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Why, quakeC coders naturally. Although any strong C coder could feasibly help.
RedDaemonfox
Axe Zombie

Post by RedDaemonfox »

If I can find time away from my studies I'll learn some more C code and then see how I can help. Do we need Map people? I wonder if it is possible to convert Blood to Quake maps.

I have done a bit of research on QuakeC. What is the game lacking to say, make a concept level of E1M1?