TRANSFUSION A.I. Progress

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

TRANSFUSION A.I. Progress

Post by BEAST »

I know that TRANSFUSION has a very, very long way to go before its completed (and it needs more inspired, experienced, or inspired volunteers), but I was wondering as to what's the status report of the game's A.I.?

Could a video be made displaying the capabilities of TRANSFUSION's A.I., or does the A.I. need more work before a teaser trailer coul be made?

I end my questions with a bloody sacrifice of mimes for you, masters.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: TRANSFUSION A.I. Progress

Post by Tchernobog »

I assume that you are referring to the single-player A.I in this instance? Because the mutiplayer A.I is just fine, which it should be since it is just a reimplementation of someone else's bot system as far as I am aware, and they are already several videos on YouTube showing Transfusion BloodBath matches.

As for the singleplayer, I have not seen or played with the code so I can not comment.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Thanks, Tchernobog. I hope your holidays were exceptionally Bloody (with a new boss to blow up in the name of the Ancient One) :)

I was referring to the progress for the Single Player A.I. The Multiplayer bot A.I. is impressive, and if I were a programmer, I would have just integrated the same A.I. for the Single Player game enemies. Evidently, this would be unethical, and would be punishable by flare gun. :guns:

For programmers in the Transfusion team who are in charge of the Single Player A.I., what is the current progress report?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:Thanks, Tchernobog. I hope your holidays were exceptionally Bloody (with a new boss to blow up in the name of the Ancient One) :)
:lol:

At any rate, you may want to paw your way through this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2016

Though I must warn you that much of it is not relevant to your own particular query.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I have read the topic with much interest. They did discuss the AI a bit, but the AI progress wasn't discussed, as you warned me previously. They were discussing the coding methods for AI, as well as some of the unorthodox coding methods that they were using which other Quake modders don't seem to like (At least, that's what I gathered). They also seemed to be complaining a lot of other things that I don't understand, such as complaints about the leader or leaders of the game. I liked the comments from the lead progammer at the end.

A section dedicated to AI would need to be added to the forum so that that AI possibilities and algorithms could be discussed.
¢AŁ€B
Rat

Post by ¢AŁ€B »

WĦ€R€ I ¢AN FINÐ ŦĦ€ MØNSŦ€RS?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@cALEB
They were never coded. I don't know where the models went.