Reviving Transfusion...somehow..

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderators: Slink, General Discussion Moderators

Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:19 am

Or maybe you want to stay "on topic" what you see fit...

Anyway, the future of Transfusion looks rather bleak to me considering the fact it's currently handed over to a professional self-serving con-artist/salesman/charlatan and his team of (manipulated) yesmen with your approval...

Yes the Guest's posts have been spot on (considering that you deleted much his/her posts pretty much shows that someone has this forum under their pocket censoring any speech that is against these individuals by labeling them "off topic trolls" who are telling the truth and providing factual information that only gets met by defamation/calumny/vilification/slandering/and libel).
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 03:29 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Fiend:Kamikaze » Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:34 am

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Or maybe you want to stay "on topic" what you see fit...

Anyway, the future of Transfusion looks rather bleak to me considering the fact it's currently handed over to a professional self-serving con-artist/salesman/charlatan and his team of (manipulated) yesmen with your approval...

Yes the Guest's posts have been spot on (considering that you deleted much his/her posts pretty much shows that someone has this forum under their pocket censoring any speech that is against these individuals by labeling them "off topic trolls").


Really? He just deleted my post too. And I think the term you're looking for is "in their pocket."
Last edited by Fiend:Kamikaze on Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:36 am

Fiend:Kamikaze wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:Or maybe you want to stay "on topic" what you see fit...

Anyway, the future of Transfusion looks rather bleak to me considering the fact it's currently handed over to a professional self-serving con-artist/salesman/charlatan and his team of (manipulated) yesmen with your approval...

Yes the Guest's posts have been spot on (considering that you deleted much his/her posts pretty much shows that someone has this forum under their pocket censoring any speech that is against these individuals by labeling them "off topic trolls").


Really? He just deleted my post too. And I think the term you're looking for is "in their pocket."


Because your post was part of the discussion between you and Guest (and probably others)...
User avatar
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 03:29 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Fiend:Kamikaze » Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:37 am

Blood of Nightmares wrote:
Fiend:Kamikaze wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:Or maybe you want to stay "on topic" what you see fit...

Anyway, the future of Transfusion looks rather bleak to me considering the fact it's currently handed over to a professional self-serving con-artist/salesman/charlatan and his team of (manipulated) yesmen with your approval...

Yes the Guest's posts have been spot on (considering that you deleted much his/her posts pretty much shows that someone has this forum under their pocket censoring any speech that is against these individuals by labeling them "off topic trolls").


Really? He just deleted my post too. And I think the term you're looking for is "in their pocket."


Because your post was part of the discussion between you and Guest (and probably others)...


Your post read as if you were protesting some kind of bias.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:44 am

Fiend:Kamikaze wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:
Fiend:Kamikaze wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:Or maybe you want to stay "on topic" what you see fit...

Anyway, the future of Transfusion looks rather bleak to me considering the fact it's currently handed over to a professional self-serving con-artist/salesman/charlatan and his team of (manipulated) yesmen with your approval...

Yes the Guest's posts have been spot on (considering that you deleted much his/her posts pretty much shows that someone has this forum under their pocket censoring any speech that is against these individuals by labeling them "off topic trolls").


Really? He just deleted my post too. And I think the term you're looking for is "in their pocket."


Because your post was part of the discussion between you and Guest (and probably others)...


Your post read as if you were protesting some kind of bias.


and somehow your bias is the only truthful one?
User avatar
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 03:29 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Fiend:Kamikaze » Tue Apr 13, 2010 04:48 am

Blood of Nightmares wrote:and somehow your bias is the only truthful one?


I didn't know we were talking about my bias, since I didn't delete the posts, but Dusty's supposed bias, which I don't see because he deleted both sides likely in an effort to preserve forum stability.

So what the f*** are you talking about? Does everyone speak English as a second language in this troll crew? Contributing content and trying to get other developers involved in TF is suddenly thought of as a power-grab? A hostile takeover? What? What insane conspiracy theory do you have for me this time? Do I still get paid in this scenario?

Really, what comes next? What other dehumanizing way can you portray anyone who doesn't agree with s*** you make up?
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Postby Blood of Nightmares » Tue Apr 13, 2010 05:18 am

Fiend:Kamikaze wrote:I didn't know we were talking about my bias, since I didn't delete the posts, but Dusty's supposed bias, which I don't see because he deleted both sides likely in an effort to preserve forum stability.


I think I may have made a mistake in my last post but I think Dusty's bias was bending towards to what Corbin and your team's (such as yourself) own likings not the opinions of others.

Fiend:Kamikaze wrote:Really, what comes next? What other dehumanizing way can you portray anyone who doesn't agree with s*** you make up?


Looks like your now reversing my and Kurt's argument's to paint yourself as a victim now...(although I don't have a accurate word to describe this tactic although I thought it was reverse psychology.)

I think I'm simply wasting my time and energy debating with you anyways and I'll let you get back on topic on whatever you/Dusty/Corbin sees fit.

have fun...
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Postby I Live...AGAIN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 06:06 am

Blood of Nightmares wrote:I think I'm simply wasting my time and energy debating with you anyways and I'll let you get back on topic on whatever you/Dusty/Corbin sees fit.have fun...


As much as we all wish you and Kurt would go away and die, you both keep coming back like the trolls you are.

But to clarify for the mentally retarded (Bon and kurt): No one has handed Corbin or anyone else the keys to Transfusion. It remains where it always has been, in the hands of the defined TF team http://www.transfusion-game.com/team.php but people are free to help if they like. Something I have noticed you or kurt have never offered, so to put it as politely as I can "Blow me"

Dusty is doing his job which is to moderate and keep the peace which is lucky for you and kurt because if it were up to someone like me I would erase both your existences on this forum altogether
User avatar
Liberation
Axe Zombie
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 06:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Postby Liberation » Tue Apr 13, 2010 06:56 am

Sigh.. no wonder things dont get done around here :( you guys are to busy arguing about crap...

@ I Live...AGAIN- im glad u got the right idea about small steps and so on, we need to put some hard ideas down, but its hard to work together with the trolls around.

@ DustyStyx- Stll not to sure what version we are running mate? but i guess you missed my last message.

So guys we only need a small team, to hear that we haave some enemys is a good start, has any 1 got these models so i could have a go addding them in.. then just a few sp maps with abit of a story, and we could be looking at a new release :D

Sorry DustyStyx not trying to take over just eager to give my 2 cents (or pennys) and get the ball rolling again, also i can see were most of the trouble comes from, and that is a big shame.
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Postby Corbin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:49 am

Good Lord.
User avatar
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 03:29 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Fiend:Kamikaze » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Oh wow.

Are we still going to operate under the assumption that the guest isn't kurt? I mean, really...

BON:

Claiming that everyone is a puppet of Corbin is, in fact, dehumanizing and complete s***. It is something you made up like the phantom threat of Transfusion being taken over, or Corbin paying people to defend HT, or Corbin hacking Kurt's blog, or any one of crazy and ridiculous theories you've come up with in the past. Don't feel bad, BON, you're not stupid, obviously Corbin is just paying someone to make you look stupid.

Saying that the Guest is is "spot on" when talking about how TF is being taken over is just... wrong... I dont know how many times I can say that.

And as for the FuhrGuest:

When you invent claims to try to destroy someone else's project, ie, saying that HT is a ripoff of your project when anyone with eyes can see through that, and then continue to spew crap about it for months on end, it's going to lead to the people who participated in that project insulting you after you try to destroy their work. You don't seem to understand that when you start a feud, you're not the only one involved. You can't just say whatever the hell you want and think it's going to go unchallenged.

Here's a list of the people the Hypertension team has "attacked" in the last year or so, despite Kurt almost always firing the first shot:

Kurt
BON

But you make it sound like we're pillaging entire forums. It is absolutely amazing that Kurt can elevate a problem between <10 people to the level of a great humanitarian struggle, but I'm convinced he's so wrapped up in himself that anything to challenge him is automatically evil and oppressive.

The easy re-texture of one blood 2 model to help Transfusion that had not, until today, surfaced? Obviously a selfless and noble effort from a true genius who wants to help transfusion. Or a quick comment made my a modder who talks about himself in the third person in a guest post because he still believes that his ruse is working. It must work, Kurt thought of it, and therefore it is brilliant.

Kurt Fuhr is a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing hack. End of story. He's not holding the blood community together as he likes to think he is.

And now, after the "guest" has dropped almost every major Kurt buzzword (I get a bingo when "damages" comes up) he's come back with another classic: "I wash my hands of all of you."

If only. You will not be missed.
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Postby I Live...AGAIN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 01:24 pm

Great to hear from you again Liberation, I'm glad despite the trolls best attempts that they haven't chased you away.

Please remember that all they are trying to do is keep Transfusion from moving on because they want attention for their own mod which blatantly steals game resources from every game under the sun making it a banned topic on our forums. Blood of Nightmares and Kurt (disguised as guest because he is banned from this forum) are just mad at Dusty (the forum moderator) and everyone else who doesn't want to support them and their illegal activities. All you have to do is read any of their posts to see that they only come around to flame Transfusion or others with nonsense. They are here in full force because they see you as a threat, Transfusion needs coders. They want nothing more than to chase you away.

Anyway, enough talk about trash:

So, you want to get some models working. GREAT! I think Luke(Kazashi) or Chris(Dusty) would know where we stand on what is closest to being ready.

I would also suggest we take a look at our latest beta. We have several singleplayer maps done already. We need to single out the most complete, bug free, finished maps and focus on them. Maybe 3 or 4 of them. The criteria we should look for are:

1) Most complete and accurate structure. Including secret areas and proper functioning doors.
2) Are the enemies on that map available for us to insert with the least amount of work.
3) Are the world models for the map available. (bottles, cobwebs...etc)
4) Are the weapons available for the map and functioning as intended.

This is something we can all do to start, maybe have a poll on what maps we think would work the best and with the least amount of work. obviously maps that call for models we cant implement or secrets we cant duplicate yet would not work.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby zZaRDoZz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:01 pm

Dusty:
Just a few words on an engine switch. I don't think that this is really a good idea. We really need a stable base to begin build things on, and DarkPlaces is about as robust and capable as they come.


ILA:
Engine switching was always a heated topic if you look through the archives, it wasn't always a welcome discussion either.

Darkplaces is more than capable of handling the singleplayer game. I dont think going backwards to being a quake mod is the right idea because TF has gone far beyond that already.


Hmmm, It's quite a can of worms that's been opened and I hope we get a chance to explore it as a community. Remember what liberation said about small steps. Joe's comment about keeping things simple and streamlined also has some weight here I think. Is DarkPlaces the best port (I don't think anyone would switch engines) for a streamlined game? I know it's feature rich- but is a top heavy engine really the best choice? There is a problem with having lots of features in that one is tempted to use them. Even if the team uses a paired down version of DP, what features would be left out? Will deciding on that require another debate?

Most importantly, we have to keep in mind what we're discussing here is definitely *not* the final product of Transfusion. If I understand it correctly, this mini project is a way to reintroduce Transfusion to a wider gaming audience. The project would also give our wet-behind- the-QuakeC-ears coders a chance to gain experience with The various tools and requirements.

Forgive my second hand knowledge and foggy memory but isn't DP really optimized for multiplayer? Hasn't that been the focus more or less for the last 4 years? Transfusion didn't start with Darkplaces, It used Tomaz quake for a time. Then Erlic moved on to Nquake...or ZQuake, settling finally on DP after a good while.

What I'm trying to suggest here is, let the port fit the mod instead of making the mod fit the port. I'd love to see huge frame rates on even modest computers- something for the biggest audience possible. What if smooth loading, high frame rates, and fast game play were the driving criteria? Would you still choose DP then?
User avatar
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 03:29 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Fiend:Kamikaze » Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:24 pm

Darkplaces is kind of system intensive. It's cool to have RT World shadows, but Blood doesn't need them. Qrack has always been my favorite quake port because it looks good and has a nice framerate, but it's probably unfeasible to move TF to that as I don't think it's as moddable as Darkplaces. Darkplaces is still king of quake ports I think when it comes to modding.
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Postby I Live...AGAIN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:56 pm

An engine switch is not an option at this point IMO. I have an appointment to get to so I'll explain more later.

BTW:Thanks to Chris for cleaning up this thread.....

Return to “Transfusion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest