Transfusion: a Repurposing

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Corbin
Zealot

Post by Corbin »

That post sounded all too familiar. Don't listen to the stupid loser that posted above. At least this thing was released, and still has immense community standing. ;)

I think Transfusion should keep going but it needs to be aimed more at the total conversion developer. I've said it before - if my team finishes HT and we aren't burned out, we will gladly move all of us over and help you guys finish the game. I think it needs better and newer promotion is all. I think with the right marketing we can get the fan base back and fix the slump it's had the last few years. It just needs some new wrangling.

Like you've said - if Transfusion is the only legal way to mod outside of Build or Lith(sh|t)Tech, I think it'd be a good idea to openly represent and embrace that idea. PlanetQuake would be a good start to spread the word.

Moving my team over to help you guys is pretty big on my wish list after Hypertension, but I suppose it's up to the creators of Tfn to do what they need to do, and it all depends on if my team would want to do something like that after HT.

Post by Guest »

Now there's something we can all look forward to!

Let's leave the future of this once proud project in the hands of any mentally unbalanced attention whore, with aspirations of taking over other people's projects. In fact, a horror game that produces actual horror and revulsion sounds like a really swell idea!

The future of Transfusion certainly looks promising now! :rip:
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

corbin:
I think Transfusion should keep going but it needs to be aimed more at the total conversion developer.
Should be kept going might be seen as a nay; full replication- but based on the context I'm calling corbin's vote a yea; move on.

Guest would also be translated as a yea but since guest could not be bothered to lower him/her self to actually logging on, this vote will be discounted.

So far:

Nay: 4

Ransu
leileilol
a6ela
willis

Yea: 6

zZaRDoZz
Dusty
BON
Juicecartel
liberation
corbin

undecided: (aka: whatever) 5

Bloodite
ILA
Wirm
Erlic
Tchernobog

If I got anyone's vote wrong please say so.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

I would have like to see Transfusion see the light of the day in it's completed form but the thing is people abandoned the project eversince 2007 and I don't see any progress made in the near future...Which at this point it's best to let Transfusion die unless if there's some major reorganization going on...

So I really don't know actually...

Yes I would have like to see a Accurate Hall of Epiphany in Transfusion...oh well...
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I think we should leave it up to chris to decide whether or not you can change your vote BON. If there was something you misunderstood or you'd like to quote your original post and say why you were wrong I would suggest you do it before he gets here.

Personally I doubt he'd go for that.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

I guess I might as well stick to my original decision...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

It would have been nice if Guest from 68.68.108.3 spoke up sooner. I'm going to close the thread now tho. There is not a clear community resolve to go with my proposal, so I guess things are still in a holding pattern. If folks have any other ideas, please start another thread to discuss it.

I will concede that I've not been the best project leader, not that I currently am, I passed that torch a few years back (no one would listen to me then either). I'm just a steward of the forums, trying to keep the flame burning, while others are busy. This is why I wanted to bring it up to a community vote, to see what others have on their minds.

Guest, you seem to have missed the point of an open source project. You can freely take the source code developed for Transfusion and expand upon it so long as it remains under the GPL. You can make a mod for Transfusion and reap the benefit of the Blood textures, and models already developed for it. You can even develop models from Blood and Blood 2 that are missing from Transfusion, for use in a Transfusion mod, so long as it goes back up stream to the Transfusion trunk. This path has always been open, but in many ways it has been discouraged because Transfusion hasn't been finalized. I would like to see this mentality changed (hence the thread)

Unfortunately, what the community should not do, due to copyright regulation, is take the Blood textures from Blood, Blood2 or Transfusion and use them in another game. Nor can people take models, maps and skins, developed for Transfusion, that are clearly derivative works from Blood and use them in other games. As has been done with the xenoBlood mods.
68.68.108.3 wrote:Why don't you actually do some real work yourself, and then present some new material to everyone? If you can't do that, then you really have no business at all in representing or speaking for Transfusion.
<cough><cough>