Why did it have to die?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Dr.Deth

Why did it have to die?

Post by Dr.Deth »

This project seemed promising. I guess we can now say that it's pretty much dead :(
filipetolhuizen

Post by filipetolhuizen »

It's a pitty they weren't focusing on the single player part, which looked so promising... it was our last hope for Blood as the source code is still being held.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

We're mostly still hanging around, although all of us are quite busy. We could use some fresh blood, though...
-Slink
i used to visit thisplace

Post by i used to visit thisplace »

Just release the code ffs, this project is dead. You may of course say that you're still around, but when there's no progress that doesn't mean anything. You'd do better if you released the code.

Sorry, it just saddens me that such projects die because developers leave them to die instead of releasing the code and doing something about it.

Greetz,
M.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Well, I'm all about freedom of speech. My point is that sometimes it's hard to tell fact from opinion. Why don't you log in rather than posting as a guest?

The project isn't necessarily dead. It's "dormant". What is all this about releasing code? Anyone who wants to work on code may approach us at any time, etc. What's the problem?
Elric
Cabal member

Post by Elric »

i used to visit thisplace wrote:You'd do better if you released the code.
Both the engine code and the game code are free to download and use since day 1 for this project. The engine is DarkPlaces (http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/) and the game code is on SourceForge (homepage: http://blood.sourceforge.net/; code: http://blood.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc ... nk/qblood/).

So I'm not sure to understand what you're asking exactly.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Concerning any reasons for creating/continuing work on TFn, these reasons, whatever they are, lie in any who work on it, and all who want to play it. There is potential in TFn for great things in the way of Blood, but if you want to play Blood, go download DOSBox and it should run Blood just fine.

And yes, the source code... it's open source. ;) You are welcome to contribute to the cause!

Post by Guest »

Could it be possible to use something similar to the original build editor? I would be rather interested in working with levels (probably not the original, but still with single player or cooperative levels (don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with multi-player, and less with blood multi-player, it's just that there is so many different play-against-your-friends -games out there for Linux that it bores me). However, why would I prefer the build editor? The answer is simply that it's the only level editor I've felt home with.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Do you mean mapedit for blood? I don't think they would bann you from using mapedit :)
If you mean the classic mapedit for duke or mapster for eduke32, I don't know how well those will work with the TFn quake/mapedit converter.

Tfn doesn't have much single player code anyway. What little was finished is alpha, I'm not sure they made it available for download.

Even if you can use the quakebuild converter, you'll still have to "clean up" with a quake mapping program as the converter doesn't work flawlessly.
Im a guest

WHY!

Post by Im a guest »

PLEASEEEE FINISH IIIIIIIT! or you could make the e1m1 and models for SinglePlayer, and it will be enough for me. its so boring. only DM. :mad: :veryangry: :headshot: :gargoyle: :guns: :evillaugh: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:
wittyusername

Post by wittyusername »

Just wanted to let you guys know, us blood fans are still out there. Ive played the game for years, and I still find it one of the best games ever made. I wish I had the tech skills to contribute. Alas, I do not. But please, don't give up on the project. Of course I understand you all have personal lives and such...but just wanted to let you know, the "idea" of blood is not dead.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I'm still hoping for the "low coding" option. A renewed focus on the bot gaming, preferably using different bots for different models. Maybe a toggle button for way pointing and such. Some of Luke's sp baddie models for variety, I think I'd be better at deathmatch if I could play as a zombie. :zombie:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I think it would be kinda badass if we could give monsters bot code, except they remain dead, and don't activate until the player triggers them (on sight, or whatever). :D

So much for authentic Blood, tho... I don't think that would work too well for some of the monsters, but it would be interesting to see the cultists finally haul ass and give more of a challenge.
-Slink :evillaugh:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Slink wrote:I think it would be kinda badass if we could give monsters bot code, except they remain dead, and don't activate until the player triggers them (on sight, or whatever). :D

So much for authentic Blood, tho... I don't think that would work too well for some of the monsters, but it would be interesting to see the cultists finally haul ass and give more of a challenge.
-Slink :evillaugh:
Well, as long as multiple monsters are not activated by defualt, I dont think they would cause a problem when it comes to authenticity.

What I would like to see is the ability to play as each of the four Chosen in BloodBath, since it was a feature that was planned for the original Blood and later done in Blood II.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Now, that is thinking along the right lines. Stick with the original intentions, if anything. ;)