Multi-player Only?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Multi-player Only?

Post by Guest »

Hello all. I just discovered this project and for a few minutes was extremely excited about getting to play Blood again with an updated engine. However I am confused about what this really is. Are you saying that it isn't possible to play the single player game using Transfusion? The main page makes it sound as if you can play the original game again, but some of the posts imply that you cannot. I'm am not in the least bit interested in stupid multi-player. I'm also puzzled; if you can run multiplayer maps using the new engine why won't the single player maps work? Finally is there any other alternatives I can use to play Blood using OpenGL?

Thanks
Steve-O
Rat

Post by Steve-O »

it's multi only, it isn't easy porting maps, you could try that 3dfx thingie for blood but that's so goddamn old who knows if it even works right, plus you gotta have a 3dfx card...so probably not, anyhow stick around cause the team is working on single player, infact I skinned a prop today
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

To make Blood playable on newer systems, you must run it without sound(not necessarily without music). If you wish to run it in resolutions in excess of 320*200, you must download a file called "nolfb.exe" by Ken Silverman. (KEN SILVERMAN OWNZ) :) check out

www.deathmask.net/buildxp

it will help you out a LOT. :) Unfortunately, the way Blood handles sound is all but incompatible with WinXP. I have not tried it with MSDOS emulators, though! I should. Good luck.

-Slink
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

well. i'd explain more a little bit.
TF is not just RUNNING BLOOD'S CONTENT with some newer engine. it is a REDOING of blood. so technically what we have here is Blood is kind of a design document and we really DO THE GAME FROM SCRATCH (in terms of content nothing except for wall textures IS blood content - all is pure recreation, however textures might be redrawn later too). So if we talk about single vs. multy than single has some 10 times more content. just one fact: 1 Caleb model from multyplayer vs. all models of monstersand civilians from single. do you understand WHAT amount of work it is? same goes for levels, all other models (furniture, tomb stones etc.). so we COULD try rebuild the whole thing at once - but you just would have to waitsome years more to see anything beyond screenshots. So we consider our desicion to be the wisest: release MP first (as less consuming task and which can help handling all basic engine issues and stuff) and than ADD single as well. so until TF team don't fell apart (we not going to, but life always has something... well, i believe team CAN'T fell apart, some people may change:)) you WILL see single play one day. it will run on anything (except for Longhorn probably which will come sooner or later, however i believe TF will be easily ported ther to if needed) from newer systems with full GL support and stuff and all the eye-candys but still remaining BLOOD inside...
Annorax
Rat

Post by Annorax »

I was just wondering, I've been looking for a single player Blood remake but have found none. I've searched quite a bit but to no luck. Does anyone know of any?

Transfusion is great, but I want singleplayer now. 8)
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Rest assured it is coming... :)