you guys rock!!!!!

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

nico -a- isomedia com

you guys rock!!!!!

Post by nico -a- isomedia com »

Wow... every now and then I poke around the net for improved ports to classic games I still love. For example, I was playing Doomsday until I recently happened upon the Risen3D project. Much improved on Doomsday, to say the least.

Once Jonathon Fowler produced the Duke port, and the HRP was also introduced, then the only classic game left (besides the original System Shock and perhaps Redneck Rampage) that I really hoped would be resurrected was Blood.

Thank God for id releasing their Q1 and Q2 source codes... and especially, thank God there are people like the ones working on Transfusion. The joy they're bringing us classic gamers is beyond measure. :) The amount of work they put into these projects is staggering.

I can't wait for the final version of Transfusion with the complete plasma pak single player episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!

nicolas v
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Transfusion is not a Blood port. It's an attempt to recreate Blood on the Quake engine. It's a completely different thing, and probably Transfusion will not get as good as original Blood, at least for the most loyal fans. It has been said thousand times the source owners refuse to release it, they say it's lost, certainly bullsh1t. Some members of this forum suggest it was somehow lost when Monolith transferred the rights to Atari or something like that. That's not even possible. But I don't realize why they need to hold it neither. :|
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

It is possible. Stop denying that.

Hell, I believe half the "ports" of classic games to consoles aren't even the original source codes simply slapped onto a console disc. Look at Duke3D for the Saturn - the timing of the weapons is so off it's ridiculus. Instead of firing a second shot right after reloading, he pauses for one second. Doom on the Saturn is even worse. And come to think of it, the levels on the PSX and Saturn versions of Doom aren't even from the PC at all - they're from OTHER console ports which must have been made fresh earlier. Jaguar levels if I'm correct.

Hell, look at Duke64 and there's some evidence right there.

Well, I could be wrong along these lines, but some knowledgable people on the gaming realm will know for sure. My point is that yeah, it's possible the source is lost. Not saying it as a fact, just a possibility.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

PSX Doom had the same levels as PC IIRC, in fact I think it had both Doom and Doom 2's levels.