Blood Transfusion maps in CS source

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

SteveO

Blood Transfusion maps in CS source

Post by SteveO »

if it were cool with the transfusion team i'd like to port some of the blood maps you guys made to cs source
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

Personally I have nothing againstit - i even vote FOR that:)
Guys?
I believe the only things to be discussed are:
1) including all linkage to TF
2) be cool with licenses. But since there are a lot of maps ported from one game to another and textures and other stuff - I believe it has no big difference....
I would also ask (if everybody agree) that you first talk with us on WHICH map do you want to port and how. In some places there could be sence to redo things like rocks, hallways - TF's goal is to re-create EXACT Blood, while in 3D engine many little bits here and there can be enhanced. So talk with us!
And did you planned original textures or only our geometry?

Guys? Anybody else?
Steve

Post by Steve »

well, I already have the geometry down, I wanna use the textures from the game to recreate the feel of it, i'm going to make it for cs source using the leaked map editing tools, since I can use them , I bought hl2 yaknow =)

anyhow I don't plan on improving it much as to keep atmosphere, just little tid bits here and there, prolly some lighting effects, use of cs props, etc etc
Steve

Post by Steve »

I converted the e1m1 map already to a .map so I could edit it and it turned out nicely, only lost 30 solids...nothing noticeable and nothing I can't fix
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

I think i'm gonna go with e1m3 tho, I <3 that map
Steve-O
Rat

Post by Steve-O »

lol i'm talking to myself here, I finally decided to register

edit: if there are any team opening in transfusion I could possibly help, I can do sprites, skins, maps, I edit with worldcraft AKA hammer , and I was wondering, if you guys would ever be porting this project to the hl2 engine?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Any help would be apreciated Steve-O. I'd be interested in seeing what skins you've done, but help could be had on all sides.

Currently we have no plans of porting the game to any proprietary engin, Unreal3, HL2, D3 etc. We don't want Transfusion to end up tied to some backwatter engine 5 or 10 years from now. Remember Build was king of it's day.
Steve-O
Rat

Post by Steve-O »

I don't have any publicly released things to date, cept for a few cs source skins, simple camo thrown onto them, I have a solid background with photoshop and I like blood hehehe, maybe i'll reskin the transfusion player model
Steve-O
Rat

Post by Steve-O »

nvm give me something to skin lol,, you can contact me on aim if you'd like, sn = relited
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Actually, Cruaich, I would say that Blood was king of Build's day! ;) Well, Steve-O, we would have to dig up our license agreement with GT or Monolith (I can't remember which one.) I also don't know who has a copy of it. Basically, it explicitly states that those deemed to be the Transfusion TEAM may use the copyrighted materials packaged and shipped with blood, and may distribute them without attatchment of the NAME (Blood) and without gain of PROFIT($$$). I think... Oh yeah, and these materials are to be included with TF only, and to have an end-user license agreement attatched to the whole thing. *gasps for air*. Can't wait to see what you can do, if you want to. I am a mapper, using WC/VHE also :). See you around.
-Slink

*sigh* if only we could have the source code... :( *sigh*
steveo

Post by steveo »

http://www.guilddg.com/phantom%20previewHIRES.wmv

well, I actually started working on it, it doesn't really look too much like it, I just wanted to remake the feel of the level, I thought you guys might get a nice kick out of this. I will give this forum the link to the map when it's done
Lazy Necrosis

Post by Lazy Necrosis »

Woah, nice SteveO, I can't wait for it! Start spreding it around the HL2 message boards and such, hopefully it will replace de_dust as the most played map! :D

(I'm in lazy mode right now, at grandparents' house and didn't want to log in for one post)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Wow really nice 8)
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

f***' A.

I need a sedative.

Also I need to get HL2 for one level. :twisted:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

You know, Garry's Mod for HL2 effecively makes it one of the most fun games you will ever play. Of course since this is due to a mod it doesn't make HL2 any better, but it's worth getting HL2 just for GMod.